• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sf97 latest time frame

diesel_dave

I know in Indiana any truck over 9k pounds GVWR or is diesel powered doesn't need an emissions test. I don't know how your state is. Good luck!
My county in Utah requires emissions for below like 14k GVWR diesel newer than 1997. When I came for my temp tag, the lady said to just let them know if it can't be tested and they can override the requirement. I hope I get that same lady.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just tried to get my truck emissions tested. After they crawled around it for 10 minutes, they said they had no way to test it. So now I'm waiting at DMV to see what that means for me. I have a feeling I'm not gonna like the answer I get.
Did you get your plates??

diesel_dave

Did you get your plates??
I love some things about Utah (and hate some other things...). The DMV was extremely helpful as always. They gave me another 1 month temporary tag while I wait for my SF97, did the SN inspection themselves and best of all they just went in and put it as emissions exempt in their system so it will never need an emissions test again. They actually had a code they entered for "military tactical vehicle" that exempted it. So now everything is done and should be GTG until I get my SF97 at which point they will issue a title and real license plates.

jideshraj

Just did my weekly GP status update call-in. They said their notes showed my paperwork was submitted to the USMC for signature last friday. So this is actually something new I am being told. Hopefully it is a sign I will get my SF97 in the next 2-3 weeks.

I was also told the same. Form was mailed out to marine corps on 15th for signature. 4 weeks there and another 4 weeks at title agency.

Hope those are the upper bounds, reality I hope is 2 weeks for signing and another 2 weeks for title agency. Fedex ... god knows

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was also told the same. Form was mailed out to marine corps on 15th for signature. 4 weeks there and another 4 weeks at title agency.

Hope those are the upper bounds, reality I hope is 2 weeks for signing and another 2 weeks for title agency. Fedex ... god knows
Sad, but they operate at a special speed.
It's called "Government Speed" and it isn't very quick.
Might also call it "Political Speed" (Go Brandon!)

Use your time to read up on the Technical Manuals so you know more about your truck when it arrives. We have all been through it. It sucks, but it won't happen any faster if you find something else to occupy your mind...

jideshraj

Called GP, they haven't received the signed document back from USMC, if it comes by Monday then only it would be sent to Title office that Friday. 6 more weeks for title I am told

jideshraj

If the updates we were getting from GP is true, then we should have already seen some FedEx updates last week. anyone yet?

williamh

I posted this yesterday in the thread sf97?

Things are looking up , i also bought mine 09/02/2022 was delivered 02/02/2022.

Just go this today : ( yesterday )

Dear William H,

The Title certificate for your recently purchased 1998 AM General M1123 HMMWV 2 Door w/Truck Body has been sent out by Fed-Ex Ground.

The details of the shipment are below. You can track the package on the FedEx website:

🥲

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

I posted this yesterday in the thread sf97?

Things are looking up , i also bought mine 09/02/2022 was delivered 02/02/2022.

Just go this today : ( yesterday )

Dear William H,

The Title certificate for your recently purchased 1998 AM General M1123 HMMWV 2 Door w/Truck Body has been sent out by Fed-Ex Ground.

The details of the shipment are below. You can track the package on the FedEx website:

🥲
Same dates and the clean SF97 arrived yesterday 7/13/22. One month shy of a year this time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks