• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sf97 latest time frame

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem is the SF97 is issued to Ironplanet. Which makes no sense, the USMC knows that govplanet is selling these to public. The public that has to go through a EUC process for months. Why this isn't taken care of at EUC time makes no sense.

If this doesn't work, Ironplanet wants me to send my SF97 back and they will get me a OH title from somewhere. OH meaning off highway, which I have no idea how Indiana will interpret it.

diesel_dave

The problem is the SF97 is issued to Ironplanet. Which makes no sense, the USMC knows that govplanet is selling these to public. The public that has to go through a EUC process for months. Why this isn't taken care of at EUC time makes no sense.

If this doesn't work, Ironplanet wants me to send my SF97 back and they will get me a OH title from somewhere. OH meaning off highway, which I have no idea how Indiana will interpret it.
Yeah, why on earth is the SF97 issued to IP/GP instead of the person who bought the truck? If they have to do the whole OH title thing, does that mean you'll be in for another few months of waiting on GP?

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, why on earth is the SF97 issued to IP/GP instead of the person who bought the truck? If they have to do the whole OH title thing, does that mean you'll be in for another few months of waiting on GP?
Yes, It will be a few more months for titlework. I have no idea why they do this as I bought 2 mail vans that came with sf97's addressed to me. They were also purchased through govplanet. She said in the contract they have with USMC that Ironplanet must be put as the purchaser. Makes no sense. I may do the dirt legal route. Ironplanet said it cost $200 for the title route with them. Dirt legal is 699 but it is done in a week or less.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're state gives you crap about reassignment letter, this is what you'll need. It has dealer liscense number on it. That's what Indiana requires.

diesel_dave

If you're state gives you crap about reassignment letter, this is what you'll need. It has dealer liscense number on it. That's what Indiana requires.
Very interesting. I wonder if I should just do that preemptively or if I should wait however long until I get my SF97 and see if Utah will accept the reassignment letter first.

INFChief

GP/IP purchased the trucks & are selling them. The process is that when sold at auction a SF97 will be requested then. This saves DLA & GP/IP from having to produce 2 separate SF97’s.

diesel_dave

GP/IP purchased the trucks & are selling them. The process is that when sold at auction a SF97 will be requested then. This saves DLA & GP/IP from having to produce 2 separate SF97’s.
I absolutely believe you but it still doesn't make much sense to me. At the point when the SF97 is finally requested, GP isn't the legal owner, I am. I guess the issue stems from the fact the Government didn't sell the truck to me directly so they can't put me on the SF97. That doesn't explain why GP doesn't just get SF97s made for all the trucks they sell and have them ready as soon as the EUC clears though. Since the SF97 is made out to GP, it doesn't matter who actually ends up buying the truck since GP has to reassign the SF97 anyways.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congratulations! Good thing you kept trying. Somewhat concerning how there is inconsistency between branches but fortunately it worked out in your favor.
It's the manager who went the extra mile. No one wanted to look up Indiana BMV rules. It states in section 6.5 that a sf97 can be transfered with a dealer liscense. Sad that so many are lazy and don't want to do there job. I did have to pay sales tax and will have to have Ironplanet refund me. Have to send in documents today.

diesel_dave

It's the manager who went the extra mile. No one wanted to look up Indiana BMV rules. It states in section 6.5 that a sf97 can be transfered with a dealer liscense. Sad that so many are lazy and don't want to do there job. I did have to pay sales tax and will have to have Ironplanet refund me. Have to send in documents today.
Oh interesting! When I went to get my temp tag, I paid the normal license and registration fee (like $90) but they didn't need any sales tax because the bill of sale showed I already paid tax to California. So I have a temp tag that was good for a month and expires in a few days. I need to see if they will give me another month or I'll have to park this thing and not drive it until GP gets me the SF97.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh interesting! When I went to get my temp tag, I paid the normal license and registration fee (like $90) but they didn't need any sales tax because the bill of sale showed I already paid tax to California. So I have a temp tag that was good for a month and expires in a few days. I need to see if they will give me another month or I'll have to park this thing and not drive it until GP gets me the SF97.
They would have credited me the sales tax I already paid to govplanet, but because the reassignment was in iron planets name they said they would have to have a paper showing that they were both the same companies. I said forget it and I'll go after iron planet for my taxes I paid. Iron planet should refund all the taxes I paid to California.

diesel_dave

They would have credited me the sales tax I already paid to govplanet, but because the reassignment was in iron planets name they said they would have to have a paper showing that they were both the same companies. I said forget it and I'll go after iron planet for my taxes I paid. Iron planet should refund all the taxes I paid to California.
Oh sheesh! What a pain in the neck but it's not the worst thing that could have happened.

INFChief

I absolutely believe you but it still doesn't make much sense to me. At the point when the SF97 is finally requested, GP isn't the legal owner, I am. I guess the issue stems from the fact the Government didn't sell the truck to me directly so they can't put me on the SF97. That doesn't explain why GP doesn't just get SF97s made for all the trucks they sell and have them ready as soon as the EUC clears though. Since the SF97 is made out to GP, it doesn't matter who actually ends up buying the truck since GP has to reassign the SF97 anyways.
I believe they see it as a “reassignment” of the SF97 - sort of a ‘pass-through’ which, the way they do it, alleviates the need for GP/IP to license / register them in their name.

diesel_dave

Just called GP for my weekly status update. They said the paperwork was showing printed on April 12th and should hopefully be going out to the USMC this Friday. Exactly what they said last Thursday when I called. Gotta love it. Haha

diesel_dave

Just tried to get my truck emissions tested. After they crawled around it for 10 minutes, they said they had no way to test it. So now I'm waiting at DMV to see what that means for me. I have a feeling I'm not gonna like the answer I get.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just tried to get my truck emissions tested. After they crawled around it for 10 minutes, they said they had no way to test it. So now I'm waiting at DMV to see what that means for me. I have a feeling I'm not gonna like the answer I get.
I know in Indiana any truck over 9k pounds GVWR or is diesel powered doesn't need an emissions test. I don't know how your state is. Good luck!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks