• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal Fall Campout

hole

Crap, I forgot--------- :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::beer: wait, this might apply :deadhorse: no no, I think it's this one:hammer:. Thats not it... Where the heck is the " blow stuff up " e-moticon ??? How am I suppossed to convey my true feelings without a " blow stuff up " e-moticon... :cry:

BLK HMMWV

Will
Did you find the two spots we scoped out on Sunday on Google earth for range cleanup and base camp , would be kind of nice all in one spot.

Hole Maybe we will have that e-moticon after this upcoming trip.:-D

Just my luck two Will Wagners
Looking forward to meeting everyone else.

Oh and shirts have my vote.

Also to all you local so-cal guys if you would like I'm having a clean-up tool demonstration day in Lytle Creek on the 12th of Sept.
You can pm me for more info. if your curious or interested.

Sorry for the hijack
Lets see 45 days? and counting

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, found them.
Preferred site,
34°40'44.02"N
117° 4'47.85"W

Where we went,
34°39'51.32"N
117° 3'19.07"W

The place we camp...usually. Maybe we can change it to the preferred site so we can camp and clean?
34°38'54.14"N
117° 7'35.96"W

hole

Sounds good, but can you post up an old school map for those of us that are gps chalenged ? I plan on going out on the 15th and would prefer to find the new proposed spot without too much difficulty :wink:

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hole and I put our heads together. Me thinks we are gonna do the preferred spot from the above post,

Preferred site,
34°40'44.02"N
117° 4'47.85"W

It is closer to Hodge if we decide to go get In-N-Out or Panda or whatever, and the road to Slash-X will be smooth as in no miles of whooper filled trail. We will have new trails to explore and some mines. Hole will be giong out a few days earlier than me, so he can put some signs up. The new site is a couple miles farther down to road. We will mark it so it will be easy to find.

hole

Seriously' isnt it time yet ? I'm tired of working and want to go play with the truck.... Damn it, where the hell is " tantrum emoticon " ? :twisted::-xaua:soapbox::hammer::jumpin::deadhorse: I'm thinking a hybrib of all these fella's otta accomplish it. Mr Moderator, could you please morph all these and give me my " tantrum emoticon " Thanks in advance, Will
While your at it, I still need a " blow stuff up emoticon " Thanks again, Will

dezert ratt

i am blown away to see how many mv enthusiasts(sp) are in this general area of cali.... now i really need to get a deuce and jump on the mv train haha

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i am blown away to see how many mv enthusiasts(sp) are in this general area of cali.... now i really need to get a deuce and jump on the mv train haha
I do believe there is a guy here that HAS mv trains!

Cucvnut

ya so i dont think i can make this i am going to Yosemite at the end of OCT and i need to get the M1008 ready its first road trip... next year at pismo ill go

hole

Yellobroc, pm sent. If you dont already have it, download Google Earth ,and type in
+34.6788943347 -117.0799575817 This would be the new site, only a few miles further down the same road as last site then make a right at the first dirt road ( not a trail )that you come to. It will make a bit more sense after you see it on Goole Earth , after it finds the location, slowly zoom out . Our old site is on the left of your sceen. In fact, Brother Will posted the cordinates of our old site earlier in this thread.

hole

Yellobronc, and all others who remember how to get to our old campsite. I just discovered the side bar tab on Google Earth. At the top of the side bar is a "directions" tab . Type in our old site cordinates in the "from" box , and the new site cordinates in the " to" box. It will guide you right to it :wink:
Old site cordinates:
+34.64837222222222 -117.1266555555555
New site cordinates:
+34.6788943347 -117.0799575817

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All -

My current ramp for the quads is too short to load them in the deuce. Is there a berm or something that I can use to assist in unloading? I can get them in and out at home by loading into the pick up and then transfering to the deuce, but the lil pick up isn't making the trip.

Thanks

Doug