• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So i bought a Deuce

mattchef10

Purchased my first Duece on Monday. I feel like I got a good price for the truck in driving condition. Its getting a BBQ smoker installed in a few weeks. My goal is to turn it into a working food truck.

My timeline:
Middle september smoker installed
The next six months are fixing, cleaning, painting, getting it close to 100%
Febuary/March installing screened encloser, electric, generator box, propane box
Finally by july buy 4 compartment sink, sandwich station/refridge unit, generator, all other odds an ends.

Im trying to do this on the super low budget, im already under budget with the deal that i got on the truck :) Most of the work on the truck ill try to do myself. Im really good at getting things 90% fixed before calling for help.

Truck will be in Melbourne fl area in about 2 months if anyone is interested in stopping by telling me what in the world i just bought and how do i fix it! Id love some advice! I will ask questions here when i get stuck and post pics of progress.

Attachments

Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I had to remove your links to the photos, as there were several pop ups, you can use the site to host them.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys im glad to be here. Trying to do big things this year! So photobucket is a no go? Ive looked for a way to upload to the site but havent found it.
You can upload pics by using the little "frame" icon in the menu bar of the REPLY BOX. It's to the right of the FONT, SIZE, COLOR, and EMOJI Buttons, in the next group of 4 functions. If you'll hover your cursor over each button, it's the one that will pop up witht he INSERT IMAGE description.

Hope that helps.

John

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another Deuce saved & going to a loving home...can't beat that!

Nice truck, good job! Enjoy! [thumbzup]

Read the TMs available here for free, and there's nothing you can't fix on it.

Flyingvan911

Welcome from Kansas City, MO. Download the deuce TM's and read through them. Also read through the deuce forums on the site here. They are great trucks they just take a little work to keep them happy and healthy. It's worth it for all of the fun you'll have.

mattchef10

I appreciate the responses! I felt like the truck looked pretty good. I really wasnt too concerned with the exterior as much as i was the engine and drivetrain.

I didnt see a turbo, i did see someone added a muffler an ran the pipe off the passenger side of the bed. I will need to move that pipe to face down away from the side as that will be the service window side.

It has new radiator, belts, some hoses, head gasket, master cylinder, brakes.

As long as it makes the haul from Jacksonville to melbourne i will be happy.

Last edited:

18operator

Welcome from Ohio! Good luck on your endeavor! There is a guy in my area that did the same thing with an M109 van. I liked driving behind him, it smelled so good!

mattchef10

Thanks alot guys! Im glad everyone thinks that it "looks" like a good truck. I was nervous to spend the money on the truck as i can only make the purchase once.

Do you know the name of the truck/company? Would love to take a look at his conversion.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks