• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern California - March Air Reserve Base 2012 Air Show

TheRecorder

Here are some answer I just received on these questions.

Do we leave the vehicles on base over night?
Can we leave after the show Saturady and return for Sundays show.
Can we stay in our vehicle over night?
Can we cook food or even bring food at a reasonable level, small BBQ ,
behind our display?

Jim,

Thanks for trying to connect with John. Hopefully he will call back soon.

Here are the answers to your questions.

1. Yes, you can leave them in place over night (you can position them on
Friday afternoon if you want). We have 24/7 security on the ramp.

2. Yes, plan to go home Sat night and return Sun Morning. Then drive the
vehicles home after the show on Sunday.

3. You cannot stay in the vehicle overnight, sorry.

4. You can bring all the food you want but we cannot allow cooking out
there. A cooler kept in the vehicle would not be a problem.

I hope this helps. Feel free to send any other questions.

Barneyszoo

Thanks for the info Jim. I live about 3-4 mil. from March and 2-3 blocks from two nice hotels. I'm offering MV parking/ camping/ sleeping bag in the den, for any of the out-of-town guys that may need something for Sat. night. I can get about 5-7 dueces inside the yard and 3-4 outside the yard. I can get contact info for the hotels if needed they each have tractor trailor parking also. let me know if anyone might need this.
Phil

Gottlos

Former 95B Ft Sam Houston
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Jim, empty out your email folders. Tried to reply to your PM, but your folders were all filled up.

I have every intention of being at the airshow.

TheRecorder

"Any new information? Changes? Who's going to this show?"

Hey Mike and All , Here is some more info just in....

"Jim,

Do you have your whole group all set for the airshow? Can you tell me how
many vehicles you are expecting. When you get a moment, please fill out the
applicable sections of the attached Info Sheet and send it back. Thanks.

Maj Andy Ormiston"

"Jim,

Can you please gather Name, DL # and Date of Birth for all the folks in the vehicle grouping and pass it to me. I need it to issue gate passes for you to come on base.

Thanks.

Andy"

For all attending, please send me a PM so we can coordinate our info and submit as required.
This is going to be the confirmed list for our group and group vehicles.
I am planning on an early arrival Saturday Morning the 19th as opposed to Friday late afternoon.
Please sent me any questions that have come up so we can get them answered by Maj. Ormiston.

Here is the info sheet I will be filling out to submit.

So, type of vehicle, # of people in your party, etc.
:beer:

Attachments

Last edited:

armytruck63

I will miss this great air show. I am leaving the IE this summer and moving to LA - oh, the horror! My wife and I will be scouting for our new urban LZ this weekend.

deuceaid

Banned
I will miss this great air show. I am leaving the IE this summer and moving to LA - oh, the horror! My wife and I will be scouting for our new urban LZ this weekend.

Mat,,, dont go...please, who will co-ordinate the hemet-ryan airshow????

do you need help scouting?

armytruck63

Jason, I love the IE and would stay here is I could. But like the Godfather, my company made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I will have to downsize my MV collection, but I plan to keep at least one vehicle. Several truck club friends in the SF Valley have offered me storage space.

I plan on coming back for big events in the IE, if only as a passenger in somone else's ride.
Talk to you later,
Matt

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
Ok Mat,,, have You heard from Kylia Sicoli , about the hemet show,,, if not, do you have contact #s..???... this is a great little convoy cause almost every one can make it.. by the way, keep the bnc connector...

armytruck63

Jason, Kylia doesn't work for Riverside County anymore, but I can message her on Facebook and ask her about a new contact. I agree that the convoy was as much fun as the air show itself!

deuceaid

Banned
Why do you KNOW that kylia dosent work for the airport anymore?????? by default you are incomuniccaddo.......... ok

I need a new contact...........

Last edited:

deuceaid

Banned
major...(haha) thread derail here,,, at least jim and jon understand derails....,,, I hope Mark shows up, and phil etc..( bark ,bark)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks