• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Squibbly's M1009 and other Questionable Projects

Squibbly

Always something. At least I wasn’t actually getting fatter under the truck.

Why do my fingers look like toes? They look like the tips got cut off in a cement mixer like my uncles did when I was a kid. 😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Squibbly

Last edited:

cucvrus

Put lock tight on the torque converter bolts and reuse them. I have new ones but have used thousands of them over. They are NOT torque to yield stretch bolts. I have in the past sent transmissions out for rebuilding and they were returned with SAE thread in the torque converter or vise versa. I just dug thru my used bolts and found the correct short bolts and used them. I have not had any failures in 40 + years of doing so. Now on the other hand I do NOT reuse head bolts. I don't use studs on heads either. I have removed more transmissions then I could ever hope to install and I use all the hardware for other vehicles or scrap it. I have thrown away many 5 gallon buckets of bolts. I only keep pristine hardware. Good Luck. Let's get in done Safely.

Squibbly

Might need a little extra pepper in my ass today.
My brain says “go”, my body says “Slow your roll there a second old fella. We ain’t as young as we once were.”

I need a new body. This one is becoming a pussy. Heh.

💪🦵🧠

Last edited:

Squibbly

6” -3/8 zinc plated bolts. Lowes part 63373. 95 cents each with veteran discount.

Butterfinger candy bar optional. 2.05.
1637597331377.png

Last edited:

Squibbly

Looks like only two of the two bottom bolts are going to fit. There isn’t enough distance between the hole above it and an obstacle to fit them in. I guess the transmission jack will hold enough of the weight that alignment will still be ok with just the longer bolts in the bottom.

Squibbly

Put lock tight on the torque converter bolts and reuse them. I have new ones but have used thousands of them over. They are NOT torque to yield stretch bolts. I have in the past sent transmissions out for rebuilding and they were returned with SAE thread in the torque converter or vise versa. I just dug thru my used bolts and found the correct short bolts and used them. I have not had any failures in 40 + years of doing so. Now on the other hand I do NOT reuse head bolts. I don't use studs on heads either. I have removed more transmissions then I could ever hope to install and I use all the hardware for other vehicles or scrap it. I have thrown away many 5 gallon buckets of bolts. I only keep pristine hardware. Good Luck. Let's get in done Safely.
@cucvrus Just making sure you are saying you reuse the Flexplate to torque converter bolts and not the Flexplate to crankshaft mounting bolts...or are you talking about Flexplate to crankshaft mount bolts (or reusing both)?

Squibbly

Worst day of getting things done.

Today I "essentially" got nothing done. I got 4 of the 6 transmission housing bolts out, and the flexplate to torque converter bolts out, then spent the rest of the day after the hour it took to do the other bolts, lowering the back of the transmission trying to get the top most bolts out.

I tried PB Blaster, I tried long extensions, I tried an impact gun...thought about a torch but didn't want to go in blind
Not a budge.

Then it got dark so I bolted the rear bracket back up and called it a day.

Called my brother to complain like a b1tch, and he said "Why didn't you take the transmission well cover off?"

FML!! That thing comes off??

So, I guess I will work on unbolting that, and seeing where that gets me on my next free day. The alternative of crying and hoping it magically got fixed isn't working. 😂😁

Squibbly

Anyone know if there is a place to get seat vinyl that matches this?
Snap30.png

shhh...for real though...does anyone know a kid they don't like so I can get rid of this creepy ass doll I found under the seat? It won't stop staring at me.

I've seen the Talking Tina episode of the Twilight Zone, I know how that shit works out. So rather than trying to throw it away, I'll make it someone else's problem like the PO of this vehicle clearly did to me...

Squibbly

That is a wish doll. You have to rub his head at the same time asking out loud for your wish to be granted. Try it, you won't regret it.
Sweet!
PM me your address. I have a "special gift" to send you. (Hint: It's a wish doll)
😂🤣

Last edited:

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know if there is a place to get seat vinyl that matches this?
View attachment 851328

shhh...for real though...does anyone know a kid they don't like so I can get rid of this creepy ass doll I found under the seat? It won't stop staring at me.

I've seen the Talking Tina episode of the Twilight Zone, I know how that shit works out. So rather than trying to throw it away, I'll make it someone else's problem like the PO of this vehicle clearly did to me...
I have the same seat color...I need to find foam and the lower cover as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks