• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Still no power

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there not a 1/8th allen adjuster in that small hole???? I saw some info just last week where they were talking about which IP's had smoke screws and which ones you had to adjust the angle on the cam in the IP. Now just to find it again........
C and D code pumps do not have a droop screw. If no droop then smoke cam is set to specs for that IP.

PS just rember a little turn goes a long way on the droop screw and same on smoke cam. When disableing FDC with no droop then it would not take much of a angel change to affect the 1600 to 2000 rpm fuel.

Last edited:

jsthnt@gmail.com

I changed the Filters and the in tank pump is pumping. I did not get anything to come out of the secondary filters bleeder. And I am not getting any fuel out of the line going to the injectors. It ran one day just fine and then when I came back it would not start.
I am thinking that it could be a few different things and I was hoping that with everyones knowledge on here you could help me narrow it down.

I do run some wvo, but I have ran a couple of tanks of diesel since the last time I ran wvo. So on an outside chance it could be gelled up.
The fuel cut off could be stuck.
The in tank pump could just not be pumping enough.
Then we get to the big one. The one that I can not afford, so I am hoping it is not the problem. But it is the one that I think it probably is. This of course would be the HH/injector pump is bad.
I would apriciate all of your opinions. And thanks for your imput.

jsthnt@gmail.com

One of the first things that I did was pull the in tank pump, I seem to have a lot of problems with the in tank pump. I put it in a bucket of water and plugged it in. It pumped the water out. Maybe this is not the proper way to check it. I do have anouther pump that the bottom fell off of it. I will put it back on and see if that makes a difference. Thanks for the advise.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How long are you letting the pump run. It does not hurt it to run as it will just curculate back to the tank. There is no need to crack the injectors eather just get the fuel to the head.

brianp454

Follow the steps

You're making this problem more than it is. The fuel feed is mostly serial, it goes 1 - 2 - 3, etc. Start from the start and don't jump ahead with assumptions and fears. If you don't have fuel pressure at point #2 there's no point in worrying about #3 or #4.

If you get fuel out when you open the bleeder\drain on the primary filter you're getting fuel there and the problem is not in the tank or with the lift pump.

If you get fuel out when you crack the secondary bleeder it confirms that you're getting fuel up to that point. If not, it looks like your secondary filters are clogged. Why don't you remove them and take a look at them? Please have a digital camera handy and take pics then post here.

I turned the pump on today and with the bleeder on the secondary I was able to get fuel out of the bleeder, but I do not see that the line has all the air out of it.
2 things that I was thinking.
1. could my secondary filters be clogged enough that it does not let fuel by. It ran fine the last time I ran it. I am trying to save up for spin on secondary filter, so I hope this is not the case.
2. When I cleaned out the tank I the bottom was out of the in tank pump. I put it back together but it was clear that this had happened before since there were 2 bottoms and to many spacers in the tank. Could I have put to many spacers in when I put it back together and riveted it so that it would not fall apart.

jsthnt@gmail.com

I pulled the lines at starting at the tank to see where I started to have problems. Finally when i got to the line that goes into the secondary filter I was able to catch the fuel well enough that I could let it run. And it started out strong and then just dwindeled to very little flow. I rebuilt one of the parts pumps that I had laying around and replaced. I put everything back together and let it pump for a while to get the air out of it and it started right up.
Thanks for all the help.

Know I just have to replace the rear main seal and all will be good.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks