• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stuck in my yard....TWICE!!

davesgmc

IF YOU INFLATE ALL THE TRIES WITH HELIUM IT WIL BE LIGHTER AND WONT SINK AS MUCH.

Seriously, I saw those pictures, and I sure hope I NEVER get my 5 ton that stuck! I ahve the 16.00 on mine soI would think not, but who knows. I love playing in the mud, but that wasnt playing that was WORK to get that stuff out!

dm22630

Here are the pics of the NEW ruts & my "concrete road" leading up to the trailer over the reeeeeally soft ground. It held up a 25,000lb backhoe....so it should hold a 20,000lb m818 w/no problems!

Also.....it barely rained the last two days & tomorrow is going to be 50 & sunny.....so hopefully tomorrow I will have good news for everyone & more pics!

*** The ground has SLIGHTLY dried up.....so wish me luck!*** ;)

Attachments

Wild Horse Hans

If you plan on driving the 818 under the trailer from the side, be very careful. The landing gear is not designed to take any side loads and if you put too much strain on them sideways, they will collapse. I have seen it happen 3 times and it is not pretty at all.

dm22630

If you plan on driving the 818 under the trailer from the side, be very careful. The landing gear is not designed to take any side loads and if you put too much strain on them sideways, they will collapse. I have seen it happen 3 times and it is not pretty at all.

I am going to lift the trailer up approx 11" with two 20ton air/hydraulic bottle jacks & then back a modified M332 trailer under the front, lower the M872 onto the M332, chain binder them together & then pull the M332 towards my driveway & it will rotate the M872 with it. After the front of the M872 is overtop of my "concrete road", I will lift it up again with the bottle jacks, rotate the M332, chain binder them again & pull the M872 straight towards my driveway. Once the front of the 872 is above dry ground, I will remove the 332 & hook up a M818 to move it the rest of the way.

It is going to be QUITE a day tomorrow....

Chevytruck

I am going to lift the trailer up approx 11" with two 20ton air/hydraulic bottle jacks & then back a modified M332 trailer under the front, lower the M872 onto the M332, chain binder them together & then pull the M332 towards my driveway & it will rotate the M872 with it. After the front of the M872 is overtop of my "concrete road", I will lift it up again with the bottle jacks, rotate the M332, chain binder them again & pull the M872 straight towards my driveway. Once the front of the 872 is above dry ground, I will remove the 332 & hook up a M818 to move it the rest of the way.

It is going to be QUITE a day tomorrow....

why didn't you just use the bottle jacks in the first place? :|

powerhouseduece

#3 - One stolen jack handle has cost me two days of my life, one SCREWED up yard (which I am going to have to regrade/reseed), & at LEAST $600 for a crane.

Well, Atleast you got the new handle brought to you for free!!!!!! :wink:

There, I helped. Your welcome. :razz: As for the trailer, Good luck! You might want to find something with tracks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ever consider adding the duals to the front of the tractor for this recovery? A while back there was an interesting video on a tractor recovery. Here's a link. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnRRGW6z3UQ[/media] Might could do this with the aft axle on a tractor.

pevrs114

Recovery4x4,

I'm pretty sure that technique is in the Wheeled Vehicle Driver field manual under field-expedient recovery techniques. Very cool to see it in use!

Cretebusters

Boy , that looked goofy- but effective I'll have to brainfile that for future use. Farm tractors are considerably lighter than 818's so it may not work as well on them. With the right piece of steel as soon as you're stuck, it might work.:?:

K10A

fast forward to 2 minutes.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoSSbg4y72k&feature=PlayList&p=830AB230F41A2311&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=6[/media]

rideni

A 20 ton loaded crane truck at work got stuck really really stuck and it was pulled out luckily by a much smaller boom truck by the use of chains some strap material and hauling ass. Also have gotten trucks unstuck by lifting them at times with the boom truck. But my truck is chief gets stuck alot a chevy 3500 van with bucket lift and an open rear end and all the weight on the rear axle with a modified suspension member lower then the pumpkin

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks