• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TNriverjet's M1078 Thread

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep us posted if that air dryer fixed your issue.
So far, it is much better. There is no moisture purging from the tanks when I open the drain valves. We haven't had cold enough weather to find out if the brakes freeze, but I'm 95% sure the problem is fixed. I was getting water out the purge valves all the time with the finned tube version of the air dryer. Now it is dry coming out for sure.

snowtrac nome

the reason why the fittings didn't match, is air brake fittings are different sizes than plumbing fittings for copper pipe. You should have gone to napa they would have sold you the right fitting no messing around

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I went there, but my local NAPA had a mess for their air fitting parts storage. They even let me back there to rummage. I spent 30 min and could not find anything to work. I finally found the right combination of hardware and got it all hooked up.

Thanks for posting this, I would love to know more about the shims, maybe a PM with a link to the source, also any info on how to shim correctly, hub disassembly looks easy enough, just need to know how to choose correct shims if posable, mine are a tad noisy too, thanks sooo much

Seth

I have been thinking about the noisy drivers hub and bought a shim kit off thebay for $13. I decided to tackle hub removal today and check things out. Photos loaded in reverse order of disassembly. Sorry.
View attachment 659166View attachment 659165View attachment 659164
Check out the wear/gear mesh pattern on the spiders
View attachment 659167
It seemed to me they were not engaging the full tooth face. Shimmed.

There was also a slight bit of rust on the old shims and one of the teeth on the inner gear. I cleaned that up and re-installed everything. No leaks and much quieter in test drive.
View attachment 659168View attachment 659170View attachment 659169

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks