• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

too much bandwidth required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, good start. How about your processor, RAM, and operating system? And the speedtest results?
1st 3 already listed in the screen shot
speedtest download results consistent with above stated 256k DSL
and all those items are irrelevant to the issue of it being related to this particular web site.
Yes I know my computers are old & slow with poor visibility just like my Deuces. I just don't know why a web site for old low tech trucks has to be slow too.
Or I guess the question I should be asking is: Why is there a consistent difference between this site and say G503.com or fgmcc.com? Why does it get worse with each site upgrade ?Is that difference server related? or a site php setting?

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
256K dsl? oof, I thought my 6meg (which typically runs about 3) was bad.

There's a lot to do with routing when it comes to speed. There's so many variables out there it's hard to narrow down.

Simple fact is this, the website is on it's own dedicated server and has a great connection to the web from our service provider. The same cannot be said (and I don't even know where it might come from) about the google ads window.

MarcusOReallyus

Sorry, I managed to miss the screenshot. My bad.

But I volunteered to help troubleshoot a problem, not to perform an attitude adjustment, so I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.