• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Va Rally at Graves Mountain (Labor Day Weekend) 2013

SevenT6Vet

I don't have a military vehicle (yet), but I live really close to Graves and know the folks there. I would love to slip up there for a few hours during this rally weekend and check out some rides to help me focus on what model I want, and more importantly, what to look out for in each model. If you see a red 97 Jeep Wrangler and somebody drooling over your ride, it's me.

Justin

MyUncleRoy

Won't make this one again. I've got duty until Monday morning and can't make a day trip of it. If you folks do a trail cleaning on another weekend, PM me.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Justin,
We'll be in the big field where the outdoor showers are, kinda between the fish pond and the main road that goes to the lodge. If you are coming in from US 29, take a right at the store, then a left into the back entrance to the field. There should be signs along the road ( "MV", "Rally", "Turn" and an arrow on four separate signs) at the appropriate places. See ya there!

CJ9/Granny

I am holding off in sending my registration, or making any plans at all. With the weather the way it's been this year my wife and I have not been camping since the April rally at Denton, and if things don't change we may not make Graves this year either. I/we do not like camping in the rain... period!... really would like to come though.

Justin, for what it's worth... this year will (if I make it) make my 5th year of hanging out with these guys, and I still don't have any military iron. Maybe they just feel sorry for me 'cause I'm gettin' old, I dunno, but they are a pretty good bunch. Hope this doesn't cause any fat heads. :D

CGarbee

I thought that I would remind everyone that we don’t have cell phone coverage around the Lodge and the camping area. So bring your CB, military radio, or FRS radio if you have them (the most common communication device for the trails will be CB’s based on past experience…). Frequencies/Channels used at the event will be posted at the registration tent.

CGarbee

I have a quick question. Are we allowed to do any target shooting/plinking while we there?
Yes...
However, you will need to check with me daily before you start shooting so that I can check with the Graves to make sure which area is open for shooting. They have other folks on site (horseback riders, hikers, etc) and we don't want to have anyone wandering onto the ranges...

JSF01

Yes...
However, you will need to check with me daily before you start shooting so that I can check with the Graves to make sure which area is open for shooting. They have other folks on site (horseback riders, hikers, etc) and we don't want to have anyone wandering onto the ranges...
Cool, Now the hard part is figuring out what I want to bring to shoot.

CGarbee

OH, and don't forget that you can bring stuff to sell/trade... :)
I had a couple folks ask me to bring some paint, and some M37 parts, and some water jugs, etc. So I will.
If you need something, post it so somebody can bring it for you... If you have something you'd like to part with, bring it...

JSF01

Well If any one has an antenna for a CUCV I would be interested, even if it is just the base of the antenna. It gets kind of annoying when you have people that wave you down to tell you your gas cap is open. I figure with the bas there if not the whole thing people will stop mistaking it. and if somebody does have one they are interested in selling could you let me know through a PM, the price you want for it, so I can budget how much money to bring with me.

CGarbee

Thinkin' of Bringin my Salute Cannon if that is acceptable . Just a little 1/3 scale mountain howitzer w/blackpowder .
We'd all like yo see it,, but firing it is a different matter... We have to be very mindful of all the horses that are in the next field over (we allow folks with horses to camp in the field between where we are and the road). They tend to spook easily, as do their riders...
In fact, we also avoid driving through the field that they are in...
I'll have to think about it...

pmramsey

I will be there. Bringing a couple of medium tow bars (new), two 20 ft. NATO jumper cables (new), a 24-volt fan (new), a 24-volt impact wrench (used), and a complete solar battery tender and desulfater (new).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks