• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Va Rally at Graves Mountain (Labor Day Weekend) 2013

CJ9/Granny

Great pics & flics... thanks for posting. Looks like I missed a grand-ole-time! The back is doing better and pain is easing, but I'm still not walking quite right. Hopefully, next year we will be back up there with you folks. Glad to hear y'all had nice weather for the rally. :)

CGarbee

I had a great time! Thanks to every one who participated (from trail clearing, registration, trail guiding, kp, range management, to just enjoying the event...) for making it all come together and for sharing the weekend.
Next year we'll do it all over again from August 28-September 1, 2014 (Labor Day is September 1, 2014).
I've already talked to some folks about some "tweaks" for next year--including having a couple of dedicated convoy guides for the larger MV's on Saturday when I'm busy cooking (hopefully, I'll just be cooking and not running back and forth from the shop to the picnic pavilion...), and some modification to our 2nd Amendment afternoon...

Send me a PM or post here if you have ideas for "tweaks"... :)

This makes the second year in a row that the XM708 has not wanted to run Blakey Ridge... I am going to have to have a long talk with that truck before next year... :)

Thanks again to everyone,

rickf

Last ones. At this point I want to thank Carl for the exclusive ride in the halftrack, I have never ridden in one and probably never will have the chance again.

Graves 2013 046.jpgGraves 2013 047.jpgGraves 2013 045.jpgGraves 2013 048.jpgGraves 2013 049.jpg

CGarbee

I should thank olbucksnort for the tow down the hill and up the road from the top of Blakey Ridge back to the campsite when my XM708 decided that it didn't want to proceed... :)
Of course, by returning early, I did manage to get in an exclusive halftrack ride (I missed out last year), so I also owe thanks there as well... :)

I'm milking that finger injury today at work...I'm going to keep doing so until the weekend, at least... ;)

steelypip

Why wait until next year?
20130901_133959_crop_sm.jpg20130901_134000_crop_sm.jpg

The Blazer made a better wake, but the spray seemed better from the M38. I think the open fenderwells helped with the spray, or at lesat helped get the passengers wetter:
20130901_134018_crop_sm.jpg
I didn't get any pics of JSF01's washdown because I was running his camera.

Here are a couple more I got. Note that Bucksnort's bobber is just sneaking around the corner at the back of the column photo.
20130901_101155_crop_sm.jpg20130831_155338_crop_sm.jpg

JSF01

Here are a couple of more videos,

Two Jeeps driving around

http://youtu.be/LAjG9BnItDk

MV vehicle line up

http://youtu.be/KfwWKxVPxR4

Convoy to Camp Hoover though we never made it, Just pick your favorite song for a convoy of military vehicles and let it play in thebackground.

http://youtu.be/UN1zL9VsLZs

I do have more footage of us driving around, unfortunetly we where bouncing around to much while it was being shot and with 3d video, post production image stabilaztion does not work properly. (at least with what I have tried)

As for tweeks maybe you can convince the lodge to build a dedicated shooting area? Since there is a lot of hunting up there hunters might also like a dedicated shooting area to sight in at.

Last edited:

williad

We had a great time, thanks for everything. Special thanks to Steve and Laura for all you hard work. Had a great weekend and thank you to Cabell and the Graves family. Mike Mike Mike what day is it?

Dale Christina and Des

olbucksnort

Hay, Randy. Enjoyed every minute on the Mountain. Great deal on those back packs(woodland camo CFP-90) you got me. Next year I won't need to pack with Milk Crates and Cardboard boxes.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks