• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Va Rally at Graves Mountain (Labor Day Weekend) 2013

CGarbee

We'll find a flag pole... :)
I'm in the market for a NATO cable (now that I have a "newer" truck with the single pin slave plug on it...).
Chuck "BMan" will be handling onsite registration at the HQ Tent in the middle of the camping field...

Looking forward to seeing everyone this week. :)

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am 2 brake shoes and a bleeding session away from having the M37 ready to go. Already started piling stuff up that needs to be packed..........CAN"T WAIT>>>>>>>

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
At this point, can't make it on Friday, have to work. Will be arriving early Saturday morning and stay through the evening hours. But it will be good to see everyone again, hopefully some new faces are there too...

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a small box of what is supposed to be half track parts along with other things I'm bringing. Like Santa, the list is made and I'm checking it twice!

JSF01

I have another question when it comes to shooting, do any of the areas that I would be allowed to shoot in, allow for aerial clay pigeon shooting?

CJ9/Granny

Due to what I hope is just a minor health issue, I am unable to make it this year. Cabell knows the details. I just want to say that I wish you folks great fellowship, perfect weather, and an all-around great time! I know Saturday evening's BBQ will be mouth watering good. I'll be watching for the pics and some postings on the action.

Y'all have a great time!!!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only could show up Saturday due to work commitments - when work comes up I have to take it so my play time got cut short.

This was the first year I took my daughter to the rally - she wasn't thrilled before the event, but she said she had a GREAT TIME after! She really enjoyed trail riding in a jeep, and we got an exclusive trail ride with Karl in his half-track, and Syndi was VERY excited by the time the ride was over, she wanted to go out again! As she gets older I think she is warming up to her Dad's hobbies.

Great seeing everyone there again, Rick, Karl, Cabell, Mike, Adam, Chuck, Joe, Greg, Laura, and all the rest. The Jeeper crew did a fantastic job getting the trails cleaned up and ready for the event, Cabell's cooking was awesome as always! If you missed the event, you are missing a great time for your whole family.

Here's some pics I took of the vehicles there, sorry no action shots.

Attachments

Last edited:

SevenT6Vet

I was able to make it up for a few hours today. Was really great meeting a few of you! Gave me some more motivation to start looking for just the right vehicle.

Hopefully i can make it up next year again.

rickf

I will have some pictures up tomorrow hopefully. Need to get unloaded and downloaded. Other than a couple of showers it was a great weekend.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a great time. Would of had a REALLY REALLY great time if my M37 hadn't pulled up lame, and then I wrenched on her for 2 solid days trying to fix the problem. Photos will be up in a minute.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of the photos in this group are of Ferros M37. Mine went belly up, so Ferro was kind enough to give me some steering wheel time.IMGP0399.jpgIMGP0400.jpgIMGP0413.jpgIMGP0414.jpgIMGP0422.jpgIMGP0424.jpg

JSF01

Here are a couple of videos from the rally. They are 3d videos for thos of you with the capability to view 3d videos. If you do not have that capability than if you click the "3D" button at the bototem bar of the video you can turn of that view if it automatically starts in the 3D View. ALso you will probably want to put the video to the highest quality setting if you can, at least to me it seems like video quality drops pretty fast at the lower settings.

First a couple of us oing through a stream

http://youtu.be/Kf1rEtcpC30

Cabell's M37 fuel troubles

http://youtu.be/nBEUQAu0nsY

Finally the Half-Track leaving

http://youtu.be/YiPHQoxZ8BE

I have some more videos which I will post later.

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll get the rest of mine in a bit, but here's one from my phone of Khloe. Steve, send me your e-mail address and I'll send full sized versions to you. This one's almost a megabyte, one in the pink dress is 'larger'.

Attachments

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had an awesome time as well. I haven't had a chance to download any pictures yet. I love it up there and am already looking forward to next year!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks