• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VA Rally

CGarbee

Just a heads up to everyone that the dates for the VA Rally (aka: Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally) are August 30-Sept 4, 2012.
Same basic plan as last year, just with a LOT of new trails over on Doubletop and Graves Mountains (Steve's crew has been super busy cutting new ones for us, and in generating a GPS/photo map of the area with all the trails for us to use).
The website should be updated this week with t-shirt, registration, and other info, but I just wanted to get the thread started while the dates are fresh in my mind. :)

CGarbee

Do we have any upcoming work weekends planned to make new trails and maintain the existing ones?
Yes, but not for another month.... Steve and his crew have some other trailrides/events that they are participating in this month and next.

One of the next task will be to go and add some signage to the trails that we just cut so that folks can find their way at intersections. We have added over ten miles of trial since January...

I'll post when we next have a work weekend.

Thanks,

M215

I was just thinking about this, my youngest daughter and I did some hiking this past weekend around camp Hoover. We stopped in Graves main lodge, they have this on the coming events board.

big hoss

I should be abel to make it. I dont know when school starts, but the deuce will have a functional tranny then.:grin:

CGarbee

My MV addiction has found a new trail riding addiction. Thanks to Kevin's event in NC you can count me in:jumpin: Oh and thanks Kevin. Your event made my year:grin:
Even better! One extra benefit is that Steve and Laura will be there to lead the trail rides (and they have been very busy cutting new trail that is very drivable in a CUCV...)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, but did they cut any trails that will be drivable in your 5-ton? ;)

Did they cut those trails we scouted last year that went way up the mountain, very steep logging trails?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, they've been busy. I have a chain saw and can lend a hand, so keep us in the loop about when we can cut some more!

I'm part Viking and part 11B - I love destroying things!

powerhouseduece

Yes, but not for another month.... Steve and his crew have some other trailrides/events that they are participating in this month and next.

Someone beat me to the Date for VAC time. Let me know when you're planning on going up there to cut some trails. Hopefully, its not balls hot like last time. I have a chainsaw and a few strong backs I could bring down.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
According to Cabell, no trails need to be cut - there have been crews working all winter and spring on it, and they are DONE! All we needs to do is get some more guys with green trucks up there to use the trails!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks