• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia Steel Soldiers Rally 2009

SierraHotel

I’d like to be there as well…’specially since I missed the last one (damn gas prices)…
I would hope that the Deuce will be running decently again by that time an’ I’ll have some money saved up for go-go juice for the haul down there…might even get a lil’ more artwork and paint on the Deuce…my isn’t that a novel idea…

Thanks for putting it together Mike and Cabell and thank you Cabell for hosting it.

M215

VA Rally

Wow,
Graves Mountain, that's only an hour away! Know the area well, White Oak falls, Hoover camp and my favorite Old Rag mountain. Looks like Eddy (TheBuggyman) already has me down for the event, guess I have to attend!

Can't wait.

Karl

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah guys, I know VA in August/early September is hot as hell. (you guys further south would disagree) But it's not winter, and it's not usually wet in August, so hey, it could be worse. Plus, Cabell and I both figured there is nothing going on then anyways, rally-wise. Labor day is getting close to the Gilbert rally in PA, but that's usually late September.

SO - we'll scratch April as a possibility, and shoot for Labor Day weekend. Will give us more time to plan out the menu, routes, activities, etc.

CGarbee

Sounds good, Mike. Is there a fee for the use of the property?
Honestly, we are going to have to charge "something"... It's one of those things that I will have to figure out with Mike and the folks... I can say that it will not be much, and that we are planning on having food, shirts, etc. Part of it will all come down to how much we want to do as a group versus having folks do thier own thing. Use of the pool, firing range, althletic fields, showers, etc, will be included, but I know that if anyone wants to go horseriding that there will be an additional charge, likewise if you decide to rent a cabin or stay in a motel instead of camping out in the big field.

Rest assured that we will do our best to ensure that everyone gets a lot of "bang" for any bucks that need to be spent. :)

I'm excited to see such a response from everyone.

ATC

Wow! I never realized ya'll had so many activities and events planned/offered. I tell ya what...IF I have a truck by then, and have a small convoy to join...I will do my best to attend. Fuel prices and work will be the limiting factor...Labor Day is pretty heavy for us (Coca-Cola)

Elwenil

CGarbee, thanks for the info. I have no problem with a fee for using the property. I figured there would be something since it is a business and hadn't seen it mentioned yet so I thought I'd ask. :wink:

ATC, hell, go even if you don't have a truck. I don't have my M715 anymore and don't have a prayer of buying a Deuce right now but I'll take my Ramcharger if it's able to make it later in the year. If nothing else you could get Mike to bring one of his and take it home with you, lol.

CGarbee

I've got a lot of picks of the place that I will have to sort through to find some that show the camping area, and facilities. I know that I don't have any decent ones of the trails though (I never can manage to take a decent photo while driving, forget the camera, or something). I will post a few in the next couple of days that show the field, showers, pavilion, etc. and will post some of the trails when I can get up there and take some decent ones...

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like fun, I told myself I was going to try to make most of the Events this year and by then I should have my new projects done. I am going to restore a bat wing shop truck and my idea is since most of the tooling is missing expect the gen and the arc welder, I was going to set it up for repairs that might be done on the trails. And carry extra parts on shelfs
John

Whooo, boy! If the Maintenence truck turns out as nice as your Goat that you drove to Aberdeen in 2007, it will be worth the trip. Can't wait to see it.

Flea

Perhaps I can actually make it this year -- looks like since Haspin was moved up to April-ish I probably won't be able to make that one. August, I can plan for! Hopefully I'll have the camper fixed up and in working order by then. Gotta get that dang A/C to quit leaking and fire up properly! The rest is paint and such!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool! Looks like a good selection of folks coming to the rally this year! Guess I'm gonna have to start calling Cabell and making arrangements to start setting things up!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks