• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia Steel Soldiers Rally 2009

stampy

Sounds Like Lots of Fun I will try to make it too!. Neil , Bulldog and I are putting together a Rally in NC for June 26-28 in Uharrie. Hope you guys can make it! We also discussed the possiblility of a Mid Atlantic Steel Soldiers rally to include VA,NC,SC and TN with a central locale so no on has to drive too far...We hope to do T-shirts and shoot some great Video. GcArbee your place sounds awesome too!:-D

JR

I am going to try and make it. Just need some more info. Ussually thats our "family" camping trip weekend. The farm sounds nice, could a rally pass as a family event?

CGarbee

The farm/lodge has plenty to do both on site and nearby for folks that need a break from MV's... So, from a familly standpoint, it is a great place to have a familly vacation even if the rest of the gang isn't as into the MV's, then again, the rally itself (and all of them that I have been to regardless of location) have been great familly gatherings as well.

I suspect that a discount can be worked out for rally folks who want to stay in either a cabin or one of the motels. I'll ask the folks...

Thanks

CGarbee

Mike/Cabell Are you going to start a thread when you have things worked out.

Thanks Neil
Not only will we be posting (either as part of this thread or in some new ones) more info as we get things settled, but I will set up a webpage with consolidated info (for ease in printing out for reference).

I'll be meeting with the folks in a couple of weeks and hope to get Mike over while I'm there so that we can hammer a few details into place.

Thanks,

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Let me know what weekend you're up here, Cabell, I'd like to meet up in Syria and start scouting out the place, start making preliminary plans, etc.

Glad to see so many folks interested in the Virginia rally!

CGarbee

Cabell,
Do you have A/C in the cabins? Put me down for one either way!:-D
We have A/C in the cabins as well as in the motel units and in the main lodge (resturant/office/meeting rooms). I actually can't make a reservation at any of the Lodge facilities until March 20th, and to be honest, it would be easier and better if you did it yourself... Especially since the cabins all are different sizes with different rates... The motel units are all the same, but have different rates than the cabins... etc.

Lodge URL is
www.gravesmountain.com
540-923-4231 is the office/reservation number

Hopefully, in the next few weeks, we'll be able to define a little better what kind of discounts will be offered and what the schedule of events, etc. will be.

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you fellas need tents for? Don't you have a bed in your truck to sleep in? :-D Ever since I got my deuce, I no longer need to haul a tent to shows to camp in!

I am really looking forward to this event, I hope to meet with Cabell shortly at the rally site to see the trails that we will be able to ride on.

CGarbee

Now that I think about it, any restrictions on bringing a camper? Or is that a no-no?
Campers are fine. The field that we will be useing as "homebase" is the same one that we put campers in for the annual Festival of Music (Bluegrass Festival)...

Bring your campers, semi's, horse trailers, whatever...

Orionspath

Just over the hill from me. Though I'll have to get a kitchen pass. Maybe if I finish that Bathroom for her this year........Yep, I'll bring a couple 6x6's and drivers. Beautiful Country in this part of Virginia. Bring your fishing poles (fly) as the headwaters of the Rapidan River leads you up the mountain to Camp Hoover.

Looking forward......

CGarbee

Sent you a note.

Met up with the folks and Maddawg this past weekend to work on plans for the rally and to ride around the property so that we could scope out what we need to do (trail maintenance, etc.) before September.

Details to follow...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks