• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia Steel Soldiers Rally 2009

CGarbee

Great photos.

I think your wife did great Rick, that shot of the M151 in the middle of the ford is enough to make me want to add one to my collection... :)

As someone who was too busy to take many photos, I really appreciate everyone else's...

Orionspath

Man ,My old bobbed 5 ton looked good. I should not of sold it..
Adam surely enjoyed it! He was in convoy behind PandCTransport driver Pete, and I was able to ride shotgun and get some pictures of the ride through the mountains.

That bobbed 5ton is a cool truck. I've seen some of your other work as well. His front brakes are pulling to the left when applying pressure to the pedal. Any thoughts on why this moght be happening and perhaps a remedy?

Pete

CJ9/Granny

Someone, don't remember who, had a little book that described all the different vehicles, etc. I would like to get one for my own reference. Can anyone tell me what it was, and where to look for it. ThanX in advance! :-D

CGarbee

Someone, don't remember who, had a little book that described all the different vehicles, etc. I would like to get one for my own reference. Can anyone tell me what it was, and where to look for it. ThanX in advance! :-D
Chuck was showing you his copy of David Doyle's U.S. Military Vehicles Field Guide: World War II - Present . David is on this site as DDoyle... PM him for a copy... :)

peecook

just a couple...

all good pics, but the best was the funniest to me. How many SS does it take to fix a "trailer". The guess got it running, so its back to being a Jeep.

Attachments

wvhillbilly

glad u had fun

Sorry Kathy, Dad and I couldn't come. Katherine is on the mend now and Dad is healed up. Looked like a great time. I was thinking about you all those few days....maybe next year,:grin:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some more pics, forwarded to me. They were taken from the bed of Cabell's truck up front on the convoy on Saturday's ride around the countryside....

Attachments

CGarbee

Sorry Kathy, Dad and I couldn't come. Katherine is on the mend now and Dad is healed up. Looked like a great time. I was thinking about you all those few days....maybe next year,:grin:
Good to hear that everyone is doing better. We'll be back at the farm next year on the same weekend (with more trails, etc.) so, hopefully, we'll see you then...

CGarbee

That trip looks like a lot of laid back fun, I can' t wait to go on the next one.:-D
The next one will be September 2-6, 2010... Just in case you want to put it on your schedule... :)

We'll have a couple of "work weekends" starting in Feb/March so that we can scout out and clear some new trails and repair some that have not been used in twenty years or so... I'll post dates on those as soon as we pick them (in a new thread...).

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I love all the shots of the countryside and the convoys! Looks gorgeous! Love the river crossings.

What great pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks