• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia Steel Soldiers Rally 2009

JR

Ok,It looks as if I may only make it up for part of a day(Fri or Sat,not sure yet), to deliver Maddawg's 2 trailers and hang out for a while.Do I need to print out and mail the registration if i'm not gonna stay overnight?
Can someone PM me with this info? I have been looking forward to coming to the rally all year but unfortunately my family planed a vacation the same weekend and I have to go. I was thinking about coming in Friday night and leaving saturday around noon, hoping to thumb a ride on the trails before I go. I would be driving a VW passat. Its my wife and kid and myself so I spending $100 for a night is just something I cant do. I would really like to come out and meet people from the forum, if I cant stay the night and can just come hang with yall on sat morning thats cool too.

Orionspath

Eta

My ETA from the east leg, (I-66) approximately 1130hrs. I am looking forward to meeting Skypilot13 in Gainesville @ 1000hrs. He is planning on leaving Lorton Virginia around 0900.

Orionspath

Can someone PM me with this info? I have been looking forward to coming to the rally all year but unfortunately my family planed a vacation the same weekend and I have to go. I was thinking about coming in Friday night and leaving saturday around noon, hoping to thumb a ride on the trails before I go. I would be driving a VW passat. Its my wife and kid and myself so I spending $100 for a night is just something I cant do. I would really like to come out and meet people from the forum, if I cant stay the night and can just come hang with yall on sat morning thats cool too.

JR.....You need to change camping sites for the family and BRING thattruck up from Va. Beach! Stay the weekend here in the Blue Ridge! What year is the beach tan?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope I can go, my back is all screwed up - but if I am going, I can't wait. It's a great place, and the Graves family really have a cool operation. My truck is all ready to go!

Just hope I will be. :(

Hope I can go, my back is all screwed up - but if I am going, I can't wait. It's a great place, and the Graves family really have a cool operation. My truck is all ready to go!

Just hope I will be. :(
PC Response: Oh Gee, Hope you feel better soon ... :roll:

Non- PC Response:
Do you want some cheese to go with that whine brother :-D ... I'll compare you scar for scar pain for pain ... I'll be there or in the hospital.
Worst case my young lady will drive me up in her car.

I have missed every other rally this year ... you my friend are one of the people I was looking forward to meeting .... so get you some icy hot, ben gay, tylenol, advil, hot tub ... good looking babe ... whatever it takes get yourn azz ... uhhh I mean back ... back together and in motion.

Pull it together Man ... Thar's Green to be Seen !!

Best Regards,
Rick

mdsuave13

I'm doing a recovery mission to bring my m820 expansible van up from mississippi this weekend, but if i can manage to keep to a decent schedule, i might be able to make it (assuming i have smooth going on the 1000 mile trip home)

JR

JR.....You need to change camping sites for the family and BRING thattruck up from Va. Beach! Stay the weekend here in the Blue Ridge! What year is the beach tan?
I would really love to! I have family in from the west coast and we are goin to hungry mother state park next weekend. I was thinkin about driving up for friday and heading out from there. I still need the info I asked about.

Orionspath

I would really love to! I have family in from the west coast and we are goin to hungry mother state park next weekend. I was thinkin about driving up for friday and heading out from there. I still need the info I asked about.

JR.....you'll have to ask Madawg or CGARBEE about the details. I cannot help but think that you would be able to register at the gate......I am staying Saturday Night and possibly, quite possibly, Sunday Night though I will most likely be over the mountain into the next valley west, visiting family. We will see.......Anyway, just shoot them an e-mail for details.....gonna be a good time. Hope the weather holds out this week!

AMGeneral

Well folks,due to recent work schedule and location changes(today at 8:15 AM) I'm not going to be able to get time off to get to the rally at all,not even one day.

Maddawg,PM me your home address and I'l make arrangements to deliver the 2 trailers directly to your house vs to you at the rally.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just checked the weather reports on Intellicast, here is the forecast:
Thursday – Mostly Sunny, high 77, low 53, rain 20 percent, wind 9MPH, NE, 66 percent humidity
Friday – Partly cloudy, high 77, low 55, rain 20 percent, wind 4 MPH, ENE, 64 percent humidity
Saturday – Partly cloudy, high 80, low 56, rain zero percent, wind 4 MPH, ENE, 64 percent humidity
Sunday – Partly cloudy, high 79, low 57, rain 10 percent, wind 4 MPH, E, 68 percent humidity
Monday – Partly cloudy, high 78, low 56, rain 10 percent, wind 4 MPH, ENE, 71 percent humidity

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, it's official. I'm going! My back is almost back to normal, so I'm rarin' to go, get some trail time and camp time in. Looks like some awesome weather planned for this weekend as well. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Orionspath

Change of route plan:

Heading west from the ocean off route 50, I am going to take the southern route around D.C. and link up with Skypilot13 off I-95 in Lorton Va., cross PWC towards Manassas and pick up route 66 west. My eta to Lorton will be around 0730. Gainesville, Va. around 0930 and hooking up with my cousin in Sperryville around 1030. Graves Mountain Lodge around 1100. It should be a great trip as long as Murphy doesn't show.......

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear that, Jeff. We'll miss you there.

Plan on heading out of the house early a.m. on Friday morning, will get there late morning. Plan on bringing plenty of adult beverages and smokes. Also, if I am supposed to bring anything for anybody (parts, etc.), please PM me to remind me, my memory isn't what it used to be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks