• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

West/Central Florida - Richloam Trip - August 22nd & 23rd

stalker

Stalker you need a hand? I am just sitting around, and if you can trailer it to my shop its Airconditioned.
Branan
727 967 8142
Bubba and DC3,
Most of my engine compartment is in pieces :cry:. I have a couple of hours today an Friday to put into it, so hopefully I can get it done in time. I really appreciate the offers for help.

bubba_got_you

Bubba and DC3,
Most of my engine compartment is in pieces :cry:. I have a couple of hours today an Friday to put into it, so hopefully I can get it done in time. I really appreciate the offers for help.
well if you find yourself in need dad and i might be able to help ya Friday then we can just head out from your place. let us know:wink:

bubba_got_you

Hey Everyone,

We have a trip planned for the weekend of the 22nd & 23rd. DC3Coyote & I were planning on going out there for the weekend. We are in the process of GPS mapping the area.

I have had a lot of interest from people, so we are going to make an event out of it. Saturday the 22nd will be the main event. Meet in the morning & play all day.

I promise you will have FUN! We should have a good variety of vehicles.

DETAILS!

Post up if you want to go, or have any questions!
umm i was told 0930pm so now its 1030am?

vinny-socom1

I'm thinking of coming?? but I really need some info because I would be bringing my 5yr old daughter. IS camping possible? if so what is the area like? bugs? wet? will tent camping work.

Thanks Vinny

SixSpeed

Banned
I'm thinking of coming?? but I really need some info because I would be bringing my 5yr old daughter. IS camping possible? if so what is the area like? bugs? wet? will tent camping work.

Thanks Vinny
You'd better come! :-D

We've been camping out there many times before. And we haven't exactly been low key about it. Hunting season hasn't started and the only rules about camping I can find are hunting-related.

Richloam is wet overall, but there are tons of places where camping would be easy.

stalker

Thanks Vinny
Hey Vinny... hows it been going?
I was out there a few weeks ago and it's definitly wet (lots of standing water) but a camping area should not be a problem. The mosquitos are oppressive and any movement through the woods might result in a few ticks, but repellant works wonders these days.
Tim

bubba_got_you

Hey Vinny... hows it been going?
I was out there a few weeks ago and it's definitly wet (lots of standing water) but a camping area should not be a problem. The mosquitos are oppressive and any movement through the woods might result in a few ticks, but repellant works wonders these days.
Tim
you going to make it tim?

dc3coyote

Well its 2300 Got the Mog running, working on the Pinz just came to a halt. Gonna finish tomorrow after work.. Gotta work on the starter selonoid, got a new one it just doesnot do what it was supposed to. Plus its snorkel time!!!!!!! And get to move half a ton of gravel to get the truck ready...

stalker

you going to make it tim?
I'm getting off a couple of hours in the middle of the day today to work on it. My youngest son had his fingers crossed last night when he went to bed (he loves these MVs), but I'm pretty sure it won't be ready in time:oops:. I will have a talk with my two sons about this Murphy fellow and what we will do to him if we ever catch him in a dark alley!!!

dc3coyote

Tim, if you need a hand or anything let me know we can put someone on it...Maybe SixSpeed, he went to bed only a few minutes ago. What do you have left? What are the problems?
Hopefully I can get my starter issues resolved, and my water tank installed. The plan is to still make it up there tonight and camp out.
Branan
forgot to mention I have a open right seat if anyone needs/wants a ride. Brittany has decided to stay home and get some work done.

vinny-socom1

If camping is possible is there any water/bath house or is this a bring it if you need it trip? The map I printed out looks like there is camping sites so am I looking in the wrong area?

Thanks Vinny

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks