• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

92ramaro

Retrieved the heaviest load I've ever had in the bed a few weeks ago.
All oak for once.

It's been a while since I went out to the woods alone and I firmly remembered why after my 7 hour escapade of bucking, splitting, loading, unloading, and stacking was complete. The other downside was that there wasn't anyone who could film the absolute mess Daisy had to crawl through to get to the high ground we had drug to logs to last year.

Ill be sure to take some photos of the trails next time I go out there. With the rain we've had this year, there's absolutely no other road-going vehicle that would be getting me back there, let alone back out with such a heavy load.

It sure was a smooth ride home with that much weight.

20211206_132419 (1).jpg

20211206_144006.jpg

20211206_180240.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Retrieved the heaviest load I've ever had in the bed a few weeks ago.
All oak for once.

It's been a while since I went out to the woods alone and I firmly remembered why after my 7 hour escapade of bucking, splitting, loading, unloading, and stacking was complete. The other downside was that there wasn't anyone who could film the absolute mess Daisy had to crawl through to get to the high ground we had drug to logs to last year.

Ill be sure to take some photos of the trails next time I go out there. With the rain we've had this year, there's absolutely no other road-going vehicle that would be getting me back there, let alone back out with such a heavy load.

It sure was a smooth ride home with that much weight.

View attachment 853485

View attachment 853483

View attachment 853484
Sure looks like a nice comfy spot to keep your wood stored "in the dry"...

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know I’m not in the right forum but you guys are more than helpful, hoping you can help me here. Tonight I was moving my m105a2 around and was backing it up and you know how small they are and how quickly the turn well it happened I seen it was turned sharp well somehow the wiring harness got stuck between the deuce shackle guard and trailer and got severed in half I’m so mad I know better but I was in a hurry so now I need a pig tail. Anybody know where I can find one looked at a couple sights but I’m unsuccessful at finding one any help would be great thanks guys

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I know I’m not in the right forum but you guys are more than helpful, hoping you can help me here. Tonight I was moving my m105a2 around and was backing it up and you know how small they are and how quickly the turn well it happened I seen it was turned sharp well somehow the wiring harness got stuck between the deuce shackle guard and trailer and got severed in half I’m so mad I know better but I was in a hurry so now I need a pig tail. Anybody know where I can find one looked at a couple sights but I’m unsuccessful at finding one any help would be great thanks guys
So... Finding a wiring harness quick might be pretty costly.

Goofy question maybe - but how many wires are there in the wiring? Would it be practical to get your test light (maybe a meter to hunt continuity if you have one handy) and hunt down the ground first. Tie it together. Then turn on your headlights and tie it, and so on?

That would fix it quick and then hunt down the parts more at your leisure?

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can plug the wire in the truck and check that and possibly splice it together. But would prefer to just replace it. but I’m not in a hurry I don’t need to fix it quick. I found one from Oshkosh for 185 was hoping someone might have some parts lying around. If I would have just looked I would have moved it dang it I’ll keep checking thanks guys

Dipstick

I can plug the wire in the truck and check that and possibly splice it together. But would prefer to just replace it. but I’m not in a hurry I don’t need to fix it quick. I found one from Oshkosh for 185 was hoping someone might have some parts lying around. If I would have just looked I would have moved it dang it I’ll keep checking thanks guys
Hgun, I was looking at Erik's Military Surplus under Military Vehicles/Electric Parts and he has a bunch of harnesses and connectors for trailers. You may be able to find a solution for your trailer pigtail problem there. I buy most of my Deuce electrical stuff including Prestolite fittings and wire from him. Sometimes you just have to spend the money on MVs. Ask me how I know.

DaneGer21

I need to do mine, so any one of the 3 wires can connect to a terminal and it works? Worried about getting them in the right order.
The original plug has 3 terminals. One of them is the short wire that is ground. You do NOT need that ground wire. The other two wires can be hooked to the EG22 in any fashion, any direction.

Use a multimeter to verify the ground wire if needed.

Here is a pic for reference, it’s not mine, but shows the plug end. Terminal “C” is ground, which can be found in relation to the “notch” in the plug. “A” and “B” to the EG22.

Attachments

Dipstick

Pics of my mistake
hgun, would the trailer cable still be long enough to use if you took the end you show with the wires splayed out and reconnected them into the plug? A mid-wire splice is not a good idea. Don't feel too bad about the mistake. I was doing a K-turn in my driveway one day and forgot I had the tailgate down. I hit the corner of my house pretty hard. Enough to move the wall studs, h.w. baseboard and crack the sheetrock inside. I had to Smack the studs back straight with a sledgehammer from the inside of the house. Now that is what I call dumb!!!

Dipstick

Brutus and I went to the pharmacy, hardware store, auto parts store and food store today. Nobody cut me off or stopped short in front of me, so that was good. I really need to bypass the FDC. Running along at 50 Mph in 5th ( just under WARP SPEED ) I instantly dropped 5 Mph on a very slight grade. My foot was to the floor. Jeez!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Brutus and I went to the pharmacy, hardware store, auto parts store and food store today. Nobody cut me off or stopped short in front of me, so that was good. I really need to bypass the FDC. Running along at 50 Mph in 5th ( just under WARP SPEED ) I instantly dropped 5 Mph on a very slight grade. My foot was to the floor. Jeez!
Hi Owen!

Well, my words of wisdom when it comes to driving green stuff is "I may be slow, but I am ahead of you.".

I do my very best to pull over or move over to let others pass so I don't look like I am leading a parade. On the other hand, I think if you want to bypass the FDC it might be good to install a pyrometer first. You have a perfectly good truck now and you sure don't want to cook a piston or two by adding more fuel to the fire (so to speak).

Tim

Dipstick

Hi Owen!

Well, my words of wisdom when it comes to driving green stuff is "I may be slow, but I am ahead of you.".

I do my very best to pull over or move over to let others pass so I don't look like I am leading a parade. On the other hand, I think if you want to bypass the FDC it might be good to install a pyrometer first. You have a perfectly good truck now and you sure don't want to cook a piston or two by adding more fuel to the fire (so to speak).

Tim
Hi Tim! Merry Christmas to you and yours! Your post made perfect sense to me! Are you coming out with a 2022 MV Calendar?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi Tim! Merry Christmas to you and yours! Your post made perfect sense to me! Are you coming out with a 2022 MV Calendar?
Hi Owen and Merry Christmas to you and family as well!

Yes Sir! The calendar blocks are ready. The trucks for the first eleven months are ready. I am waiting for December voting to conclude. I need to think about a way - without slighting anybody - to make it work a month earlier... Have not come up with a good fix for that and it would be hard not to include the December MV and the MV of the Year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks