• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
hgun, would the trailer cable still be long enough to use if you took the end you show with the wires splayed out and reconnected them into the plug? A mid-wire splice is not a good idea. Don't feel too bad about the mistake. I was doing a K-turn in my driveway one day and forgot I had the tailgate down. I hit the corner of my house pretty hard. Enough to move the wall studs, h.w. baseboard and crack the sheetrock inside. I had to Smack the studs back straight with a sledgehammer from the inside of the house. Now that is what I call dumb!!!
Good AM it cut the cable right at the tongue I would have about 9” sticking out I need to replace it all

Dieselfitter

So Halloween was my last day at work. And i can say now i work twice as hard for half the money !
but only stress i have now is mail ordering parts for deuce in Dec rush and hoping , praying that the shipping people get it to me .

Charlie175

The original plug has 3 terminals. One of them is the short wire that is ground. You do NOT need that ground wire. The other two wires can be hooked to the EG22 in any fashion, any direction.

Use a multimeter to verify the ground wire if needed.

Here is a pic for reference, it’s not mine, but shows the plug end. Terminal “C” is ground, which can be found in relation to the “notch” in the plug. “A” and “B” to the EG22.
I did mine today, works great! Thanks for the hint

Vintagefarmer

I fired the poor girl up in the 5 degree weather, walled off the rad and mixed in enough extra coolant so I could accurately test the mixture for the brutally cold weather thats coming in. It was, ah, significantly less then impress... but it fired up and got as warm as it could for the temp its in and not being under any load. Coolant tested good for 40 below so it should be fine.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I fired the poor girl up in the 5 degree weather, walled off the rad and mixed in enough extra coolant so I could accurately test the mixture for the brutally cold weather thats coming in. It was, ah, significantly less then impress... but it fired up and got as warm as it could for the temp its in and not being under any load. Coolant tested good for 40 below so it should be fine.
As I sit out in the yard before daylight admiring my green toys... Wearing a T-Shirt and shorts thinking how really nice the weather is here in Charlotte, North Carolina in December. We get cold snaps and occasionally we even get a snowfall or two a year. Snow disappears in a few days so it's fun for us. Not quite like where you are for sure!

Glad you got your green sweetie tested for the cold (Darn Cold!) weather!

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I figured out my brake issue (separate thread) of one wheel being way out of adjustment and it's too cold to address

I decided to work on the interior. Pulled the seats to rework. OMG that spring seat is heavy! Found some cracks in the frame and generally in good shape but very dirty.

Found a NOS seat frame for $75.00 plus freight of $268. Think I'll try my had at welding this first.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Since I figured out my brake issue (separate thread) of one wheel being way out of adjustment and it's too cold to address

I decided to work on the interior. Pulled the seats to rework. OMG that spring seat is heavy! Found some cracks in the frame and generally in good shape but very dirty.

Found a NOS seat frame for $75.00 plus freight of $268. Think I'll try my had at welding this first.
That delivery must be using the special "Go Brandon" fuel rates to get that seat to your place...

Yes Sir!
I would say that trying your hand at welding the seat that you have would PAY you for your time.

Dipstick

ldmack3...Those shipping costs can be a killer. The ragged hole in your third picture looks like the result of corrosion to me. It can be hard to fill a hole like that with a mig welder. If you're not careful you can end up burning the hole even bigger. Ask me how I know. I'd be tempted to cut a small steel sheet metal patch, hammer it into shape with a mallet, and then weld the patch to the tubing over the hole. Kind of like a weld on bandaid.

Dipstick

I scheduled Brutus for his annual inspection at the local truck garage last week. I got up really early to get him there by 7 am. They couldn't do it for some reason. So, I rescheduled for the next day at 8 am. When I Brutus and I arrived, we were told that the inspection guy had just called out sick. Now I have an expired inspection sticker. I hope the third try is a charm. Nothing but rain up here lately. Happy New Year Everyone!!!

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ldmack3...Those shipping costs can be a killer. The ragged hole in your third picture looks like the result of corrosion to me. It can be hard to fill a hole like that with a mig welder. If you're not careful you can end up burning the hole even bigger. Ask me how I know. I'd be tempted to cut a small steel sheet metal patch, hammer it into shape with a mallet, and then weld the patch to the tubing over the hole. Kind of like a weld on bandaid.
Yep they both got bigger before they got smaller! I did end up welding a patch over the large hole after I removed some of the rusted this metal. That was a new experience for me. Trying to make a patch from 16ga with a double curve. Got both done with decent welds. Almost getting good at this.
Did you ever see Andy Rooney's clip on handling fees? He was so funny.

Dieselfitter

I hope the new year brings everyone some peace and happiness.

i added a hardtop this week and it really keeps the heat in ,
the fiberglass reproduction didnt fit to clean. , had to shim the windsheild frame up an inch wih some sq stock tubing , and a thicker gasket.
added a rifle rack , and pistol locker behind the seat.
i havent customized a truck this much since i used to rock crawl yrs ago !

the real news is that i FINALLY got the speedo working again ,
i found the .222 gear for tranfer and bought cable , mine was broke right where it goes into back of speedo , it was a pain to get that lil broken piece of cable out . I gave up three times ,but kept going back to it. I hate gettin beat by a mechanical thing. Now everything on the truck works .

rain cleaned the salt off the roads this wk so i delivered more logs to the mill , cold coming again tonight , so the truck goes back in the box and waits for another workday. 2ACC4451-CC2D-4B7F-AE99-7B1404249BF0.jpeg

Dipstick

I hope the new year brings everyone some peace and happiness.

i added a hardtop this week and it really keeps the heat in ,
the fiberglass reproduction didnt fit to clean. , had to shim the windsheild frame up an inch wih some sq stock tubing , and a thicker gasket.
added a rifle rack , and pistol locker behind the seat.
i havent customized a truck this much since i used to rock crawl yrs ago !

the real news is that i FINALLY got the speedo working again ,
i found the .222 gear for tranfer and bought cable , mine was broke right where it goes into back of speedo , it was a pain to get that lil broken piece of cable out . I gave up three times ,but kept going back to it. I hate gettin beat by a mechanical thing. Now everything on the truck works .

rain cleaned the salt off the roads this wk so i delivered more logs to the mill , cold coming again tonight , so the truck goes back in the box and waits for another workday. View attachment 854845
That is one clean looking interior dieselfitter! Mine used to look that good years ago. I had a feeling your problem was the cable. They're stranded cable if I remember correctly. After a while the get weak or break. Glad to hear you found the problem!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks