• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

ralph3162

Well I made noise when I went to buy more parts. I got an ATV winch which will be installed in the back to help me load heavy things that my old bones are to tired to lift when I am by myself and a new seat for the passenger side. I am also in the process of getting the pieces a few at a time until I have a complete AN/VRC 12 radio set to go with the VIC 1 system already installed. So far I have the Antenna LOL. I also purchased another spring base so when the base arrives I can mount the seat on the passenger side of the truck for the little woman. Drivers side has already been done.66 Reo Interior.jpg I also finished the install of the second alternator so I now have a 12v and 24v system in the truck.Dual Alternator.jpg

mmeridith

What I've done this past month...

Bought another trailer to do the bed right
20140702_160818.jpg20140702_160833.jpg

Replaced the bad T-case
20140906_170442.jpg20140906_180610.jpg

Got a friend un-stuck
20140726_140038.jpg

Took her to the beach
20140901_100143.jpg

Got dressed up for Homecoming
20140919_115923.jpg

And now installing a new winch
20140920_171655.jpg20140920_171729.jpg

Finished winch install
10715869_854121207946065_1291211816_n.jpg10719289_854121224612730_660787102_n.jpg

Last edited:

todds112

Replaced a pinion seal on the front axle. Luckily it was the one on the front of the axle that doesn't drive anything, so it wasn't a bad job. The 3/4 Harbor Freight impact spun the nut right off. I couldn't believe it, I was able to just pull on the flange and it came right out, didn't need a puller or anything. I read where some folks were able to pry the seal out without removing the carrier/cover behind it. That was a no go. It was REALLY stuck in there. The six bolts came right out and I was able to pop off that cover and drive the old seal out from behind. I decided to use some RTV on the new seal because I did put a few scratches in the housing trying to pry it out the front. There was no gasket on the cover on my truck, so I used some RTV on that too. Took her for a test drive and so far so good. One less leak.

WOLF DOG

Bought a fold-up step for the front bumper & installed it.
Drilled holes with 1/2" holesaw in the front corners of the cargo bed to allow rain water to run out.

WOLFDOG

nchittendon

The 3/4 Harbor Freight impact spun the nut right off.
The "earthquake" is an awesome impact for the price.

I got my sugar scoop, spring base, and antenna. Also got the spacer, backing plate, and tie down. Ordered an antenna online and I've got all my pieces! Sanded everything down to rough it up, and painted it tan to match the truck.

Now just need to decide if i'm going to put it on the driver side, or the passenger side. And then drill holes in my truck. YIKES!

Dipstick

I installed four new shock absorbers on Brutus this week. His ride seems much more controlled now when driving over rough spots in the road.

Jeepsinker

I installed a spin on filter base from napa for my primary fuel filter, and changed the lift pump out AGAIN. Degreased and washed down the engine and sprayed the bugs out of the radiator. going to try to paint the truck before the rally.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a spin on filter base from napa for my primary fuel filter, and changed the lift pump out AGAIN. Degreased and washed down the engine and sprayed the bugs out of the radiator. going to try to paint the truck before the rally.
Napa makes a spin on filter base? Happen to have the part number?

Jeepsinker

Filter base number is 4019. It supports a 12 micron filter with water separator. I will get you the filter number tomorrow when I have sunlight. It is not a conversion for the stock base, it is a whole replacement filter head. You do have to use the brass reducers and fittings from the old base and fabricate a mounting bracket.

Jeepsinker

I need to have you come down and bring some seals and such with you sometime anyway. Would like you to walk me through replacing HH o-rings on one of my engines that I have out. Easier to do it before it goes into a truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks