• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
tires air up impacts brakes + buzzers

Maybe not all done THIS week but finished it this week. IMG_6455.jpgFinished the lines to air up tires enabled from the truck, the compressor direct or from or the aux air tanks. This also allows use of a big impact with a small HF compressor. Setup allows safe, accurate, and easy tire pressure maintenance. It allows filling the aux tanks from the truck compressor and conversely filling the truck straight from compressor or from the aux tanks. Now I can run the fuel filter in-tank pump constant re-circulation setup without the air warning buzzer sounding with engine off.
I installed a fuel filter pump stop valve out to engine used to prevent fuel hydro-lock when recirculating the fuel thru the installed 3 micron filter. It has been an aid in searching for hydraulic and air leaks. It is all quick disconnects to enable rapid configurations for different jobs.

Photos are not in any particular order.
air tanks fini.jpgIMG_6448.jpgIMG_6450.jpgphoto 8.jpgphoto 7.jpgphoto 6.jpgIMG_6456.jpgIMG_6454.jpgIMG_6452.jpg

View attachment IMG_2642.MOV

Last edited:

welldigger

They don't make a spray-on.
They do. Maybe not herculiner but other similar spray on bed liners come in a spray can.

I will say this now. Don't waste your money on any of them. Especially herculiner. Absolutely garbage.

These liners don't bond worth a darn and they aren't u.v. stable. The sun will literally make this stuff crumble away.

The only 2 diy spray on liners I have used that are worth using and are u.v. stable is upol raptor liner and monstaliner.

These 2 products are vastly superior to anything off the shelf from a parts store. But be warned. While they are better they still don't compare to a real rhino liner and not even remotely close to line-x.

rustystud

They do. Maybe not herculiner but other similar spray on bed liners come in a spray can.

I will say this now. Don't waste your money on any of them. Especially herculiner. Absolutely garbage.

These liners don't bond worth a darn and they aren't u.v. stable. The sun will literally make this stuff crumble away.

The only 2 diy spray on liners I have used that are worth using and are u.v. stable is upol raptor liner and monstaliner.

These 2 products are vastly superior to anything off the shelf from a parts store. But be warned. While they are better they still don't compare to a real rhino liner and not even remotely close to line-x.
You need to buy the "Herculiner UV protector" . It comes in a can just like the regular stuff. You must apply it 24 hours after you put on the Herculiner . I've been using this stuff for years now and it works great.
I've used "Raptor" liner and it's OK, but I don't like the plastic feel to it. It also chips off when hit. The regular stores that sell Herculiner don't always sell the UV protector though. I have bought most of mine from online stores.

welldigger

You need to buy the "Herculiner UV protector" . It comes in a can just like the regular stuff. You must apply it 24 hours after you put on the Herculiner . I've been using this stuff for years now and it works great.
I've used "Raptor" liner and it's OK, but I don't like the plastic feel to it. It also chips off when hit. The regular stores that sell Herculiner don't always sell the UV protector though. I have bought most of mine from online stores.
Trust me. I tried it. Maybe the heat and sun are a bit more intense here in the south. I dunno. But I can't get herculiner to stick worth a crap. And that's roughing up the surface with 80 grit and using xylene to prep as per instructions.

Also when using it in an undercoating gun the ground up tire chunks make it a nightmare. The gun will just spit globs of the crap. I much prefer the liners without the tire chunks so I can control the texture depending on application. Also, I can spray monstaliner almost as thick as rhino. Herculiner doesn't build to my liking.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you sir. I had one of those 110v lincoln ones I bought 10 years ago for light metal work, I've kinda outgrown it so it was time to upgrade. Bigger truck, bigger welder!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks