• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SRB1976

My recall is from years ago (winter backpacking trip in the Absarokas):

- But does Wyoming DOT still put up any of those massive wood-slat snow fences to keep drifts off the roads?

I don't see any in the pics, and was just wondering. Have you ever seen those?
Yep I see the snow fences all the time. Even the railroad uses them to keep the drifts off of the tracks.

chestypuller1371

swapped good passanger side door handle to missing drivers side door handle. now i can open it from the outside!

also plugged the charger into the batterys again as i forgot to shut the switch off! like the 4th time this month.

theeDIZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
She handled better than I expected but almost got her stuck twice , was some heavy wet snow on a frozen road. Thank god for the air shift front axle

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey JohnnyB, I installed my new handles vertical as well, mainly so if they were locked, someone couldn't pull down with all of their weight and break or damage the internals.
Best reasoning I've ever heard! My reason for mounting my locking door handles vertical? I liked the way it looked, and uh, the stock door handles were that way and I didn't think about it until later. I'm going to use QUADJEEPER's reason for now on ;)

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Yep I see the snow fences all the time. Even the railroad uses them to keep the drifts off of the tracks.
If you got the time, could you maybe put a pic up here!?

I remember those things being some serious fences, like 30 feet high or something; and don't know if that's memory gone wrong or the real thing I'm picturing.

JohnnyBM931A2

Yeah they put up snow fences on certain roads here as well. Seems to help the major drifts from going out on to the road. Of course, I can't say for sure, as I try to avoid BEING on the road when it's snowing that bad :) (unless I am at work.)

Another Ahab

Here's a couple pics I took with some wild mustangs.

View attachment 604922View attachment 604923
Yeah they put up snow fences on certain roads here as well. Seems to help the major drifts from going out on to the road. Of course, I can't say for sure, as I try to avoid BEING on the road when it's snowing that bad :) (unless I am at work.)
Yes, that's them; thank you!

I am telling you I remember seeing some of those on the approach to Lander (from Cheyenne I think it was), and they were 3x that height! BIG things.

But then that was a long time ago, and maybe I ingested something unusual that day with a high school buddy or something. You know kids. They'll do crazy things sometimes...

SRB1976

Yes, that's them; thank you!

I am telling you I remember seeing some of those on the approach to Lander (from Cheyenne I think it was), and they were 3x that height! BIG things.

But then that was a long time ago, and maybe I ingested something unusual that day with a high school buddy or something. You know kids. They'll do crazy things sometimes...
They vary in size. I've seen them get pretty big. I think we're straying off topic a little:gimp2:

AZK9

... got my cover on this weekend.
Looks nice! Out your way it should now be nice-n-toasty during the worst winter can throw at you! ;-)

Do you keep the deuce in a barn, or shelter? Those winds can get pretty serious in NW, PA!

Did you get it from Kublos? Just wondering, [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks