• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

daytonatrbo

View attachment 608178

Yeah, this was barely worth fixing. But I'd like to to be able to more easily use the bed until I can buy a new one. I may go ahead and spend some money on a c8x11.5 or similar to build a new fascia for the tailgate to mount to. But the steel to do it is half the cost of a nicer bed.
I bet all the neighbors heard you fixing that thing...I have NOS tailgates in the crate, gates are for the non dropside bed.
JC

Yeah, I wore ear plugs. I only have one neighbor within 1/2 a mile or so. I made sure they weren't home.

PM me a price on a tail gate. I still have one, but it needs a lot of work too....

You're about 5.5 hours from me. If the price is right, I might make the drive. Heck, if you have a dirt cheap bed, I'll be up.

goodwithwood35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed my fuel filters, greased all the zerks, changed the oil, cleaned behind the gauges (couldn't see them at night), and finished my wo/w to w/w conversion finally. Tied off to a bollard and re-spooled the winch. In the process of ordering some decals since I flipped and repainted the original bumper. Ran the plumbing to convert to an Airshift TC. Tired of the replacement sitting in my yard in my way! Think I'm gonna paint the inside of cab when I pull the seats out for the TC.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455678169.180418.jpg

Toyhauler

Probably to slow for travel on today's freeways. Back roads/local travel would be ok.
Thanks for your thoughts, the wife an I are going to the First Florida Chapter MVPA and the Southern Outpost Winter Rally & swap Meet. Feb 26-27-28, Renninger's Antique Center, 20651 US 441- Mt. Dora, Florida 32757.

Gettin old an the "bug" for a Military Vehicle >> Thanks again, Bill Barber, 3rd. Marine Air Wing, El Toro, Ca

Another Ahab

Hey, Toyhauler, you look relatively new here at SS, so good luck finding the "right" MV, and:

- Welcome from up here in Virginia.

Last edited:

AZK9

... Gettin old an the "bug" for a Military Vehicle ...
That 'bug' can strike at any age and at any moment. But... when it does... look out!
Pretty soon you'll have a huge chunk of green to deal with! :wink:

Enjoy the search!

Welcome from Arizona! [thumbzup]

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for your thoughts, the wife an I are going to the First Florida Chapter MVPA and the Southern Outpost Winter Rally & swap Meet. Feb 26-27-28, Renninger's Antique Center, 20651 US 441- Mt. Dora, Florida 32757.

Gettin old an the "bug" for a Military Vehicle >> Thanks again, Bill Barber, 3rd. Marine Air Wing, El Toro, Ca
3rd Marine Air Wing, El Toro CA? Did you fly them or fix them? fixed or rotary? The MVPA are a good group of folks.
Welcome and thank you for your service.

fpchief

I got my transmission in!!! So in all, I replaced the rear main, had flywheel turned, installed new clutch, and installed a new to me transmission. Cranked her up, looked through inspection hole and bearing is not spinning, and goes in gear when clutch is depressed. I think it is a done deal.
uploadfromtaptalk1456000165049.jpg

Another Ahab

That's a major job. I bet it feels great to get that done.

AND, to have it all work right like you expected (because you know it doesn't always work out that way).

That's sweet. [thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks