• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

FloridaAKM

Please do post some pics. I have two sets and one set needs mounting, just not sure where that will be out of the way! Also, I changed out the original headlights with a set recommended here with replacement bulbs H2? H4? I can't remember. Since there are two M-105a2 trailers that have to be picked up from Gov Planet in Jacksonville & the Mt Dora MV show this weekend, there was a lot of maintenance on the fluid levels & a tube of grease that needed to be added to all the zirk fittings for all the miles to be driven! The real stinker was a tossup between the skeeters chewing on me while I worked on the truck & trying to load the 650# HDT tent for the Mt Dora show.I think I have a death wish when it comes to this hobby/obsession!
Pics? I have some of those and am deciding where to mount them at.

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took it out for a short 55 mile ride today to our monthly meeting! Also picked up some ramps to load our Jeep in the future!

DavidWymore

David how long did it take you to adjust the valves ? I haven't done mine yet and was curious
This is the second time I've done them on a deuce, took me an hour. Not hard IMO. If you hear any telltale ticking while it's running, it needs it. I have some videos on YouTube of before and after valve adjustment.

71DeuceAK

"Half weird looks, half smiles"

When/if I get myself a Deuce or 5 ton, I also intend to daily-drive it, everywhere I go. I personally enjoy being laughed at when I tell people what I plan on driving...

Davis Welding

I drive mine up and down the streets of my very small town. It has no doors, no roof, no grill/rad, no bed, no plates, no nothing..... Everyone loves it. They all honk and wave. I think it would be rude to call them all hillbillies or rednecks.... haha

Gralmk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few pics of the ramps would sure be appreciated.
Nothing special, homemade, just a couple pieces of channel iron with a lip to lay flat on the bed and a tab to slide in the tailgate gap! They are rusty now, will clean them up when the warmer weather hits. If ya really want to see them I can get pictures in a few days!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks