• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Menace, ive found it easier to pull the topp off the trans when dropping/raising. Make sure you shift it so the peg isnt sticking out the back first. Also its good to see others using a clutch with out springs. Big trucks dont need em!

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Menace, ive found it easier to pull the topp off the trans when dropping/raising. Make sure you shift it so the peg isnt sticking out the back first. Also its good to see others using a clutch with out springs. Big trucks dont need em!
Thanks for the input Gimpyrobb... I'm genuinely curious, what in particular have you found simplifies the job by removing the top plate before lowering the trans?

gimpyrobb

The smaller size gives you more room to maneuver, also, I believe that rod is in the top part of the trans. I forgot about that till after I posted.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks so much cooler than my ghetto tool made with a 1/2 inch ratchet extension, a deep socket and electrical tape to increase diameter.
That sounds like about exactly what I did to drill a 2" gauge hole in my dash where a 1" hole was... Used a socket as a pilot for the holesaw. A bit of resourcefulness makes a hobby like this so much more do-able.

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got a nice looking truck Mrmag1, with hard top and fold down sides. Good score!

gimpyrobb

View attachment 737851

Got her home, pix and info to come, she almost killed me on the drive home in the TX heat.
Close all windows and vents, then open the windshield on the passenger side. The air flow will force all the radiant heat out of the gaps that it normally comes in from.

(I use the pass side only as the big bugs hurt when they hit your face at 50mph)

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a really beautiful truck.

That nice white drive will let you know if you have any leaks.

Here's a suggestion for covering the grill cheap. Here is my 817 with a bit of Aluminum expanded metal on the grill.

Attachments

SRB1976

Installed a new bridge plate today. The old one was pretty ratty looking. What a pain in the butt to replace it with the grill attached to the truck:mad:

20180813_184900[1].jpg

The old one

IMG_20160120_165845579_HDR.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow..I would probably have cut out a newspaper cover, rattle-canned the bridge plate green and called it a day! The new one looks sharp, though!have

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
@sgms18
A Jones turbine muffler, I had it installed while I was deployed. It does make a difference, same awesome C turbo sound at far less decibels!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks