• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received this M35A2 w/w from Jeepsinker yesterday after he went through the truck. 2008 rebuilt engine, G177 tires, air-assist steering, peashooter brake lines, and more. All it needs is A/C and it may be a decent commuter vehicle. :p I plan to get it painted and spiffed up.

Attachments

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I received this M35A2 w/w from Jeepsinker yesterday after he went through the truck. 2008 rebuilt engine, G177 tires, air-assist steering, peashooter brake lines, and more. All it needs is A/C and it may be a decent commuter vehicle. :p I plan to get it painted and spiffed up.
Good looking truck!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Purchased some short winch mount bolts, and I need Long winch mount bolts, anyone have (6) good used ones or 6 new ones?

Also made some more progress in the yard, clearing it out to put up a privacy fence any maybe something to park the toys under

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Firehound

Well, I have a decent report... Since I've been busy for a while I'll back track to last Friday.
Big Iron 1-7 report:

Friday- took it to a local pop-up car show. Was talking to a guy who has 5 tons. He said he had some seats, tarps and bows rotting away at his shop, and to come get them.
Saturday- recover a stuck dump truck. Rolled up just in time to see it get out with the help of a backhoe and skid loader.
Sunday- recovered a pickup that was sunk to the frame. Had to snatch in 2nd/Low but he came on out!
Monday- head up to retrieve said bows and tarps. (Seems to be enough bows for 5-6 trucks, although not all are serviceable. Almost all of the wood needs to be replaced. The seats and backs are in good shape. The canvas tarps are too far gone. May be usable as patterns.
Tuesday-Friday nothing to report.
Saturday- moved out of shed and offloaded tarps and bows. Have 3 sets of bows set aside than are already spoken for. Will sort the remaining parts when time allows.
Saturday night/Sunday morning Recover a fellow M35A2 that got sunk in the mud recovering his neighbor's horse trailer.
Sunday- Recover M35A2 from a shop to its place at the LSTF MotorPool. 12 mile run on a towbar. Big Iron 1-7 performed admirably. Drooled over the "niceties" on the dead truck. (ICS, air assist steering, winch... all in good time!!)

Attachments

92ramaro

Got my winch working about 2 weeks ago.
I'd say the truck has been nearly twice as useful ever since. I've been using it regularly for winching out large trees from deep in the woods, and even got to use it yesterday to winch a plow truck off of its frame rails and out of the ditch.
Also finally replaced the nearly un-usable side mirrors with some updated ones.
Brought the truck back into the shop today for another fluid check up and to replace the parking brake cable.
Beyond that, nothing to report.

Attachments

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been busy as hell with work lately, but got a few things done today. I was able to get both engine bay side panels cleaned up & repainted, also got the driver's side wiper motor replaced too...

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2491.JPG Finished replacing the external fuel pump and it works fine with no leaks. Then I black electrical taped the wires and gave it a coat of Woodland Green. Tomorrow it's fuel filter time. SCM35A2 after the fuel filters I need to replace my drivers side wiper motor as well. 🔧

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A couple of years ago my buddy went to recover a stuck truck for an acquaintance. F150.

He yanked on it in low range reverse and broke the output shaft on his deuce's transmission. His deuce went home on towbars and has sat ever since.

This weekend we got the opportunity to swap out the broken transmission for a good takeout.

We used 2 days to do it, probably 5 hours per day. Leisurely careful pace. Day one we pulled all the ancillary stuff and dropped the transmission.

Day two we drove the redtruck over to the parts truck and pulled the transplantable transmission and installed it.

Today we put the seats back in and went for a test drive. This is one of the better deuces I've seen. Airforce truck, dual circuit brakes. We put the 395s and MRAP rims on it shortly before he broke the output shaft. We suspect the improved traction of the 395s may have contributed to the failure.

I'm glad to see it crawling around under its own power again.

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Washed, ground, and painted the base coat on this M35A2. Brown and black to come. I feel if I could get the green a little darker a black Army start would be enough. I may do one like that later.

Attachments

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, so I pretty much got everything under the hood I wanted cleaned, repainted & replaced done. Still got one or two small things to do, but they are cosmetic and I still want to change the belts. Here is what I have got...

Attachments

FloridaAKM

This afternoon, I need to finish checking fluids & loading the Deuce to go to our winter MVPA meet in Mt Dora. The meet starts tomorrow & runs thru Sunday. Another fun filled weekend. Pictures next week.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This afternoon, I need to finish checking fluids & loading the Deuce to go to our winter MVPA meet in Mt Dora. The meet starts tomorrow & runs thru Sunday. Another fun filled weekend. Pictures next week.
Look forward to the pictures. Have fun and have a safe trip.

Iron Maiden

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The heater duct hose was quite rotten. I replaced it with some flexible vacuum hose I purchased from McMaster-Carr. People are always asking what my truck is, so I also installed a sign on my toolbox to properly identify it.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks