• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Dipstick

Battery Splash Guard 1.jpg
Well....I put my self-fabricated battery splash guard in today. It should have taken me 30 minutes. It took me two hours. I managed to get anti-seize all over everything as always. Scratched the fresh paint a bit. Used some very bad language. I even fumble fingered the last painted nut I needed to complete the task. It rolled down my driveway and blended in perfectly with the old asphalt . I eventually found it and finished the job.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks spiffy, Dipstick!

Can you come and locate a wheel lug nut for me? I dropped the spare tire down from the carrier onto my asphalt driveway. The two nuts jumped off the wheel where I had put them. I found one.
The second one...AWOL.

I raked, I swept. I stared at the ground like an imbecile. Nothing.

I crawled underneath the truck in case it had lodged in a frame rail. Nothing.

I know it CAN'T disappear. But it has. Driving me nuts!!!! Pun intended.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 836962
Well....I put my self-fabricated battery splash guard in today. It should have taken me 30 minutes. It took me two hours. I managed to get anti-seize all over everything as always. Scratched the fresh paint a bit. Used some very bad language. I even fumble fingered the last painted nut I needed to complete the task. It rolled down my driveway and blended in perfectly with the old asphalt . I eventually found it and finished the job.
Looks nice Owen!

Scratch on the new paint - maybe that gives it "character" - even though I would have been saying a string of 4-letter words if it happened to me.

I can relate to lost parts. Out here in the yard the grass eats small parts. Not too good - but what is a body to do when doing shade tree mechanic work?

:cool:

Dipstick

Looks spiffy, Dipstick!

Can you come and locate a wheel lug nut for me? I dropped the spare tire down from the carrier onto my asphalt driveway. The two nuts jumped off the wheel where I had put them. I found one.
The second one...AWOL.

I raked, I swept. I stared at the ground like an imbecile. Nothing.

I crawled underneath the truck in case it had lodged in a frame rail. Nothing.

I know it CAN'T disappear. But it has. Driving me nuts!!!! Pun intended.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Thank you! They do roll pretty well considering the flats and all don't they!? I would start off by looking where you wouldn't expect them to be!

Dipstick

Looks nice Owen!

Scratch on the new paint - maybe that gives it "character" - even though I would have been saying a string of 4-letter words if it happened to me.

I can relate to lost parts. Out here in the yard the grass eats small parts. Not too good - but what is a body to do when doing shade tree mechanic work?

:cool:
Tim, after sweeping the driveway under Brutus, I noticed the nut less than a foot away from the cardboard I was sitting on. I'm skinny enough that I can squeeze in between the tire and the fender. The problem is when my face is six inches away from the work. I can't focus my eyes enough to easily line up the bolt holes. Old age. :giggle:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Tim, after sweeping the driveway under Brutus, I noticed the nut less than a foot away from the cardboard I was sitting on. I'm skinny enough that I can squeeze in between the tire and the fender. The problem is when my face is six inches away from the work. I can't focus my eyes enough to easily line up the bolt holes. Old age. :giggle:
I understand completely. I keep telling myself that I need to take my glasses outside with me - but every time I do - I end up breaking one of the ears of popping out one of the pieces of glass.

Glad it worked out and I think your shield looks really nice. Especially installed :)

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 836962
Just part of getting old. :beer:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem I was starting to scratch my head wondering if someone retro fitted one on the trailer lol
hgun, I believe it's also referred to as a separation valve. This is part of the braking system for the M105A2 trailer. If the trailer becomes separated from the truck, the valve automatically engages the trailer brakes. When I got my M105A2, the brakes barely worked. Checked everything and I couldn't see any problems. Then I got a tip here on Steel Soldiers to replace the above mentioned valve, and now the brakes work. Found mine on e-bay.

Dipstick

Fender Cut 1.jpg
Today I finally got up the nerve to cut out my very expensive new left fender to clear the frame mounted power steering unit. It went well. Boy, that new 11 amp DeWalt angle grinder I bought is a BEAST! According to the DeWalt owner's manual it says, " You can cut completely through one leg of the Eiffel tower in 15 minutes". They ain't kidding!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s a break away, like a civi trailer mine should be here Friday thanks for the info
DSCF2961.JPG hgun. Here is a picture of the valve installed in my trailer. It is a Turtle Mountain M105A2, delivery date 10-86. Make sure to use a thread sealer when you install your valve to tank, and lines to valve.

Dipstick

Shrubbery 1.jpgShrubbery 2.jpg
Today, Brutus took me to the shrubbery to get shrubs and planting supplies. No less than three people at the shrubbery were snapping pictures of Brutus on their cell phones and asking me questions about him. A neighbor in an SUV waved me ahead of him at a stop sign even though he knew with the winding curves and hills ahead I'd be going slowly. I also got several waves from other motorists along the way. A good Deuce day.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 837252View attachment 837253
Today, Brutus took me to the shrubbery to get shrubs and planting supplies. No less than three people at the shrubbery were snapping pictures of Brutus on their cell phones and asking me questions about him. A neighbor in an SUV waved me ahead of him at a stop sign even though he knew with the winding curves and hills ahead I'd be going slowly. I also got several waves from other motorists along the way. A good Deuce day.
As an ambassador for the hobby, I don't know that a guy could do any better. Waves and Smiles all around!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

dmetalmiki

.......rearanging the barn, I took out the M45 530C TFFT><,thinking to go 'squirt some water..

The truck felt really 'tight'..(hmm..Not in low 6 wheel..freewheels out....The power divider/pump engage lever was Jammed!!
C..p...Brad working away now..bennyM45 in the army..(Time flies)..
(Last I heard he'd said on the phone). ." I'm just 'removing'... this.
He is in.......BOMB DISPOSAL!!
juss kiddin' he visited us yesterday having completed basic training.

Any way, back to the tale..I thought too much too heavy for I.

(For those that know me)..that 'thought' lasted about 3 walk by's.
Gearbox slid back, power divider take off removed and a jammed cog changed.
(This at 5-15 AM..sun shining..nice quiet day).
Putt all back together, Shifted fine..(Satisfyingly), Fired some H2o. 11. AM.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks