• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Dipstick

Hi Owen,

Good deal! That will be a nice upgrade.
A nice easy way to keep an eye on your brake fluid - without having to do more than glance at the reservoir.
Hi Tim! Not to mention topping it off! That cap is hard to get a wrench on due to all the stuff in the way. I usually use a short wrench and I never seem to have a funnel long enough to reach it! A definite upgrade. Hope you are doing well.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I added some yellow decals to the doors and tailgate for the “correct” ish Air Force markings. Also some additional stickers in white that I had made just for Ole Blue.

View attachment 842066View attachment 842067View attachment 842068View attachment 842069View attachment 842070
I like your blue deuce. Nice looking.
There are three decals that I absolutely love!
Can't quite figure which of the three are best...

1. Go AROUND If it was meant to go FAST it wouldn't be shaped like a Brick
2. Black Rifles Matter
3. NO AIRBAGS We Die Like Men

Money well spent DutchmanZ !

Aussie Bloke

DutchmanZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like your blue deuce. Nice looking.
There are three decals that I absolutely love!
Can't quite figure which of the three are best...

1. Go AROUND If it was meant to go FAST it wouldn't be shaped like a Brick
2. Black Rifles Matter
3. NO AIRBAGS We Die Like Men

Money well spent DutchmanZ !
Thank you sir! I’m rather fond of the old girl and thought those 3 were perfect for anyone stuck behind me. I really wanted a multi fuel but the gasser has a beautiful sound that’s all her own. I’m trying to convince my wife we need a bobbed A2 to park beside it.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank you sir! I’m rather fond of the old girl and thought those 3 were perfect for anyone stuck behind me. I really wanted a multi fuel but the gasser has a beautiful sound that’s all her own. I’m trying to convince my wife we need a bobbed A2 to park beside it.
Heck Yes!

You could fix her up with a bobbed version, complete with air conditioning.
That would give you guys a need to go out for weekend cruises.

DutchmanZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck Yes!

You could fix her up with a bobbed version, complete with air conditioning.
That would give you guys a need to go out for weekend cruises.
I’ll try that but I doubt it will work. Honestly, we do go to some of the local cruise ins on occasion but we’re always in my 72 K5 Blazer with the top down. Maybe next time we can take the deuce and see how that goes.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’ll try that but I doubt it will work. Honestly, we do go to some of the local cruise ins on occasion but we’re always in my 72 K5 Blazer with the top down. Maybe next time we can take the deuce and see how that goes.
Toss in a couple of pillows just in case and make it a short run.
Who knows, if the weather isn't too hot your co-pilot might enjoy a ride with you and 'ole blue.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did some wheel/tire swapping today among the A3's. The donor is on 6x 20 ton earth mover stands so it's not going anywhere lol. I'll slowly pick her for parts as I need them for the other two trucks. I know they're not the typical A2 banter but hey.. a deuce is a deuce.

Attachments

DutchmanZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did some wheel/tire swapping today among the A3's. The donor is on 6x 20 ton earth mover stands so it's not going anywhere lol. I'll slowly pick her for parts as I need them for the other two trucks. I know they're not the typical A2 banter but hey.. a deuce is a deuce.
A3 is still a cool truck in my book. That looks too much like work though. I hope you weren’t in 95deg temps like we were today.

Dipstick

Beautiful Deuce! Good luck convincing the wife! Bobbers are really good for driving around town and stuff.

Dipstick

Beautiful Deuce! Good luck convincing the wife! Bobbers are really good for driving around town and stuff.
Hi Dutch. I would love to see a picture of the gasser engine with the hood up. It would be neat to have a sound clip too, so I could understand what you mean about the cool sound.

Computerdoc08

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a picture of the primary filter? I’m curious what was done to make it a spin-on filter.
I dont have a picture, but I have the primary kit a lot of other members use in this link:
Spin On Filter Kits

It's an adapter that screws into where the standard mounting bolt would hold on the filter can, and the spin on mounts onto that.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Today I had a brain storm,....

Remember a while ago I went to see the guy near me who has the M185?

He also restores and has had a few International Army trucks, he's currently working on one.

It has a winch, these winches can be used at the front OR rear of the truck.

I came across one of these winches for sale and had the idea of fitting it to the rear of my Deuce.

The winch is made by Garwood and is rated at 20,000 lb.

winch.jpg

winch1.jpg

Since my Deuce has the rear PTO still on it,....

See where this is going,.....

Thoughts?

Aussie.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks