• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Ford Mechanic

Had to replace a battery cable end Wed. night cause it fried one. Man am I glad I moved those batteries out from under the seat.

Then last night I took my kid brother to help me get this year's hay. I had to have a driver you know! He enjoyed it. Man were the bales heavy this year 60-70lbs each this year! Good thing I only needed 50!

Another Ahab

Had to replace a battery cable end Wed. night cause it fried one. Man am I glad I moved those batteries out from under the seat.

Then last night I took my kid brother to help me get this year's hay. I had to have a driver you know! He enjoyed it. Man were the bales heavy this year 60-70lbs each this year! Good thing I only needed 50!
How many cuttings you get in a year down there in Carolina?

dawico

Nice paint! I was considering doing this in tan with the black accents. Anyone got one like that and a pict to share?
Somebody had pics of a 5 ton dumper (can't remember the number) painted like that. It was a good looking truck. I was tempted to go that route but didn't want to paint the whole undercarriage.

The pics may even be in this thread somewhere.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Removed the fuel line, rather, disconnected it, because I couldn't BUDGE some of those clips, even with a 1/2 breaker bar..

Removed the fuel filter.. OMG.. glad I did...

Rusty, SLUDGE in the bottom, which is why it wasn't draining.. and .. yuck..

already have the fuel filter housings, and filters.. Need to grab some fuel line and misc connectors, and I'll post a thorough 'how to' later...

Another Ahab

Nice paint! I was considering doing this in tan with the black accents. Anyone got one like that and a pict to share?
Somebody had pics of a 5 ton dumper (can't remember the number) painted like that. It was a good looking truck. I was tempted to go that route but didn't want to paint the whole undercarriage.

The pics may even be in this thread somewhere.
There was a post just over the last few days of a real nice looking truck with that paint scheme.

Might have been the same 5-ton dump, or maybe something else. But for the life of me can't remember what thread it was. Guess I'm not helping much am I? Oh, WELL....

Truckoholic

Mounted some nice bright LED backup lights. Installed a keyed ignition switch. Drained the nasty old fuel and water out of the fuel tank. Just doing little stuff here and there while I wait for my new cylinder liner and piston to come so I can get my M925A1 on the road.

camoyj7

Too much iron! I bought the M923a2 because it had all of the LWS cab supports and legs on it. I figured I had an extra LWS turret in the garage it would be perfect match. Then I won a super clean 2009 rebuild M925a2 w/ 2000mi and decided that's the one I'm going to keep. So I think after the Chicago Memorial Day parade the M923a2 will go to a new home. The s250/M1102 is my little camper and behind that is a M109 box that is my shed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks