• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The side marker lights were new truck lite units purchased off "the bay", looking close it does say model 30 on the lens.
Yea thats what i put on mine. 3 diode. Like $20 for each light. Mounting bracket and pigtail

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Josh

Finally got around to installing my tach cable. First time since I installed the transmission I can finally see what RPM it shifts at and noticed it shifts at 200-400RPM higher then my old trans. Much better on hills now too.

twisted60

Got my new exhaust from TMG installed today, she has a deep throaty sound now, only gone on a quick test run but I do believe my EGT has dropped a little.

Second mission today was to change my little black ABS box, got it changed and my ABS light went out after 2-3 seconds of power on, I was on a roll, or was I ??? Nope, ABS light came back on in less than 1/2 mile into my test run. Started engine, pulled out of driveway, turned right, drove straight and bam ABS light came on, no power down just normal driving, Volt meter is running just into the green and stays steady so that rules out a voltage spike. Anybody have an idea ?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got my new exhaust from TMG installed today, she has a deep throaty sound now, only gone on a quick test run but I do believe my EGT has dropped a little.

Second mission today was to change my little black ABS box, got it changed and my ABS light went out after 2-3 seconds of power on, I was on a roll, or was I ??? Nope, ABS light came back on in less than 1/2 mile into my test run. Started engine, pulled out of driveway, turned right, drove straight and bam ABS light came on, no power down just normal driving, Volt meter is running just into the green and stays steady so that rules out a voltage spike. Anybody have an idea ?
ANy of your cans caged? I believe the light comes on if even one of your brakes has the caged bolt in.

twisted60

Good question, I don't believe I have any can caged but will double check tomorrow, also I'll double check my fuses under the dash, they were good when I started trouble shooting the ABS issue but that was before I swapped the black box.

Thanks

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced my broken Tach cable. No pics...it's just a black cable.

I'm going back to 4 batteries from the 2 I've been running. I want more capacity for the winch and some other projects. I'm topping them off before I put them in next weekend.

20170201_212241.jpg

My new best friend...

20170201_212315.jpg

20170201_212329.jpg

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HA! I saw that little bugger on egay and thought about you. Hows the beam spread and battery life?
It's a wide flood beam with no hot spot. It has High and Low for area lighting and close up work. Grote doesn't specify run time but I intend to find out. One website selling them said 6 hours but didn't specify whether on High or Low. The magnetic base is super stong. It comes with vehicle and wall chargers. $54 at TruckPro...using an account.

This was about 20' away on High.

20170201_224023.jpg

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ABS module grounds through a connection bolted to the PCB mounting studs. These are on metal standoffs that I have found with paint on them. This causes a floating ground problem. Check all of those ground points well, you will have to take them off to verify they are free of paint.

kungfu dave

what goes here?

Can I get a little help fellas? This threaded port is on the driver side, either at the back of the motor or the front of the tranny. When I switched mechanics, "Frank" showed up with nothing in that opening. The threads are clean so obviously something went there but we are not sure what. Plug, sensor, etc... M939A2, 8.3 cummins Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am hoping to actually drive Frank next week for the first time. SMH
:driver:!!!

Attachments

86m1028

Swapped tires between my 2 trucks.
1 truck the ctis works when ever it wants to.
No warning signs acts normal but will not inflate the 4 rear tires.
About ready to yank it all out & cap the axles.

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced the 2 batteries I've been running on for a couple years with 4 new batteries. The others weren't bad but will move on to another project. NAPA Commercial #7237 Group 31 batteries $94/battery.

The hold down I had made for 2 batteries won't work here so I made some more. Just a couple of pieces of flat bar with adhesive backed rubber on the bottom for grip. I used a couple of the original rods to secure them.

I thought I was going to be making new connector cables tonight, but to my surprise, all the originals worked out. Went around checking my wiring with a DVM with the PCB unplugged. Everything checked good, plugged the PCB back up and done.

Warning: For those who might go to these batteries, they will be within 1/4" of contacting the lid of the battery box. The wood spacers under the batteries are double stacked, then glued together. Take them out and split them apart. This will give you plenty of room on the top.

20170203_020835.jpg

aziator

Warning: For those who might go to these batteries, they will be within 1/4" of contacting the lid of the battery box. The wood spacers under the batteries are double stacked, then glued together. Take them out and split them apart. This will give you plenty of room on the top.

View attachment 664847
In case it is close for others what I did is I took a piece of the rubber play mats you can buy for kids play areas and cut it down to fit. One mat fits perfectly on top of all 4 batteries and protects from the lid of the battery box.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks