• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

epitts

I am taking a body/paint class at the Community College. I just sprayed my Blazer top with a polyester Primer to smooth out the fraying fiberglass. Its still very wet here where I live, and the primer is not quite ready for sanding. I'll get some pics so I can show off my handy work when I finish.

I need to fix my top for the same problem. Plz let me know how this works!!

Thanks

Phil5393

How much liner has it taken sofar? Looks good
I was very surprised it didn't take much at all i thinned it out with some stuff it suggested in the instructions. I still have more then half of the gallon left. I just started grinding down the rust on the front floor boards and uncovered some metal that looked like Swiss cheese. Gonna start welding some patches in soon

PDePauw

Hey Phil5393, could take us through the prep you did before you put the Herculiner on. I just bought 2 batches because they were on sale with a rebate. I am about to do the same on mine. How much did you scuff it etc. Thanks Paul

Phil5393

Hey Phil5393, could take us through the prep you did before you put the Herculiner on. I just bought 2 batches because they were on sale with a rebate. I am about to do the same on mine. How much did you scuff it etc. Thanks Paul
Well I had a decent amount of surface rust in the back so i took my grinder and took all the paint down where there was rust. In the other areas I hit it with a wire wheel. Make sure you sweep all the dust out real good and use xylene to clean all the surfaces

DrJekl

My 1009 just received a tilt column, Grant steering wheel, tinted sliding side windows for the top, and recliners on the seats. Also installed the jack mount under the hood from an 87 K5. Replaced the exhaust and am working on a ram air kit for a shaker scoop for it. It has to run better with a few Pontiac parts on it.

The 1031 is getting a front bumper with a cow pusher and a winch, goosenecj hitch and a Gear Vendors kit. Next is a tilt coulmn and a Pontiac sport steering wheel.

wrex

Did a small paint test on the Rapco paint I got in today to see how close it matched (green). As I expected, the original is too weathered for a direct match. No biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks