• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXTAC

About a week ago when I had a 101 fever (wife was NOT happy) I changed out the shocks with the $20 Tenneco's from LMC (MADE IN USA) and they are great! The old ones were so shot they would not expand once compressed AT ALL! They are a great stock replacement and would not do very well mudding, crawling or for serious off-road. I just needed a good replacement. The pics are after a shot of RAPCO 383. The pic is off my phone so it's not the best.

Also re-installed the DS alternator today after the knuckleheads at NAPA tried to do me a favor several months ago and installed my fan and pulley off my old alternator onto the Wilson rebuild. Well the guy forgot the lock washer (I should have looked?!?!?!?!) and the pulley spun free and opened up so they ordered me a new alternator (no charge) and I went to a local alternator/starter rebuild joint and they gave me the pulley, spacer, lock washer and nut for FREE! :)

No further plans for a while except maybe an oil change. Time to enjoy!

Attachments

wrex

Tomorrow's going to be a busy day! It's like Christmas in April.

Got the antenna mounts today, one of the whips, Laptop mount, Radio mount, Tactical Gear seat covers, and... My Toshiba Toughbook & GPS.

Also will be installing the 24v fans that I got from Andy1234 here (http://www.steelsoldiers.com/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=8681) once I decide where to place them. BTW: I have to thank Andy1234 for a smooth/easy transaction and quick ship.

I'll post pics tomorrow, as I get stuff installed.

Last edited:

keefer

weekend project

so im very proud of myself. this weekend i managed to do more to my 1009 than i ever have before. i fixed
-all the lights in the dash
-courtesy light
-backup courtesy light (blue led that plugs in the lighter)
-glowplug relay bypass button mounted under the steering wheel
-put the dash and bezel back on (finally)
-installed some aftermarket cupholders
-fixed the delayed shifting transmission ( it just had the wrong size t-connecter on the vaccum lines.
-added a quick connector pigtail for quickly hooking up the battery charger

pretty good for a weekend
next on the list is an alternator rebuild and a heated fuel filter (electric and coolant both). wish me luck

ryan77

Working on the rust, replaced the drivers side rocker, put a rust free door from the bone yard on today, new inner fender, oil cooler lines and remounted the fender, now i have to do the passenger side rocker, inner fender and fender. I got sherwin williams carc green, brown and black for the 3 color nato camo job.

wrex

Installed the Laptop mount and tried out the Toughbook. Got one of the Antenna Mast mounts installed (OMG what a pain. Took forever. Those "nuts" or whatever they're called are retarded. Long story). Installed one of the seat covers.

Here's a pic of the laptop mounted up. I'll post more tomorrow.

Attachments

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Left it somewhere else - Went to start it and it would not start! Time to learn about the electrical system... :?

rjinga

My 16 yo son and I got out on Saturday and Sunday afternoon and did some first-ever rattle can magic. We sanded and netralized the rust where needed first. We also plugged some bolt holes (?) in the bed. The front bumper and grill guard is next.

Attachments

Last edited:

ParamediCUCV

Took off the dash, removed the deteriorated foam padding and vinyl, and started sanding it. Gonna try a custom dash, just haven't figured out what to recover it with.
Installed license plate tag lights.
Changed the oil, new alternator belt
Cleaned and oiled hood latch
New vacuum modulator and lines
Ordered another instrument cluster after snapping the needle off my speedometer:evil:
Getting ideas for a custom center console.

Step by step...

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed the front and rear reese hitch, the origional rear reese can not handle any weight at all and got all bent on the first haul. I fabricated 4"x3/8" tube steel from side to side and attached to frame/ bolt and weld, ran 12v to front and rear for winch set up wich is made to slide into the reese.

Added a drop hitch and installed a 22' military tow chain and fished it through the rear rings. Its great for pulling out stumps and whatever.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks