• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heater core

Got the new heater core installed today with new hoses, put a shut off valve on the 5/8 hose so I won't share the heat inside the cab of the M1009. Waiting on the new aluminum radiator to get here so I can finish it up. Put new belts on it also, sure was a lot easier without the radiator in the way.

Where did you get the new heater core?

David

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is some Rube Goldberg way of installing run flats.
Actually it appears he was removing the beadlocks. If you've ever messed with them, I totally understand why he did it that way. I've resorted to using my wrecker with the tire suspended by the insert on a chain by the hoist. Then two chains around the tire, one going to the hitch of the wrecker, the other to the front bumper of one of my deuces.

It's a major pain.

Red_506

If he's removing I'm sure it's easier. We just used a ratchet strap and tankers bar to install them. I'm pretty sure that no matter what you do it's going to be a pain I the ass.

cocco78

Actually it appears he was removing the beadlocks. If you've ever messed with them, I totally understand why he did it that way. I've resorted to using my wrecker with the tire suspended by the insert on a chain by the hoist. Then two chains around the tire, one going to the hitch of the wrecker, the other to the front bumper of one of my deuces.

It's a major pain.
Yep, removing them. It was so easy and once the wheel was apart it literally took 30 seconds to pop the runflat out. This is the absolute easiest way I have found. I tried to do the ratchet strap thing and pry them out, i've even cut them out with a sawzall.

Here is a video, might have to copy and paste it into your browser.

http://www.facebook.com/v/351768038217721

Wow! Nice turbines!!!
Thanks! I've been wanting a set of these for years. I finally found this really nice set for only $250 and it was only a 6 hr round trip to get them! I still need to buy $120 worth of the special shouldered mag wheel lug nuts, yikes...

Last edited:

rbeasley66

Ok, thanks. My question is how did the inlet and outlet line up with the original holes in the firewall?

David
The line up was fine, the only item I had to change was the inlet/outlet end hold down strap. The tubes were to close to the core and that's where the strap went, so I had to cut the strap and make it work. And like corelokt said, it's not a tight fit so some sealing around the edges will help make the air go through it instead on around it.

sarge62

The long and winding road.

Drove it 2800 miles back from CA a month ago with the Subaru, Goldwing, and Blaster. Drove it out there six months ago. Stopped in UT and changed the steering gear box because the 18 month old A-1 Cardone went bad, installed crossbar ties to the spring shackles, doghead starter relay mod, two new Optima Red Tops, new flywheel, new transfercase and transmission seals, replaced the dashlight bulbs and cleaned the dash lenses, worked on trailer wiring which is still not fixed, installed a radio and carpet, Rain-Xed the windshield cause its hard to rely on the wipers. Got 14 mpg at 50 mph pulling total weight of 13,600 lbs. The kids were happy to see to home. Now its time to do ujoints, gen 2, and volt meter repair. I will never get to fix and ride my old wing this year.

Attachments

Last edited:

DXTAC

After three years I finally adjusted the hood release latch. It now opens with no pounding on the hood. AH!!!!!!! Also replaced the air filter. Top will be coming off soon!!

I now need to find the time to cut out the old rear floor pans, weld in the new ones and have it Line-X'd.

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Thanks to corelokt and his leftovers...
I now have a working blackout drive light in the front grill of my M1009.

I got the replacement from him, cleaned it up, fixed the wiring a bit, removed the old one,
installed the one I got from him, and it works fine..

Now I can take that off my list of things to fix on my M1009.

Thanks again corelokt..

Good day,

ryan77

Went to bone yard got a center console! Painted it the correct color with sem color cote! Mounted the gerry can holder! And made a apointment to get the windows tinted!

warwagons62

I fiddled around and made a set of mounts to hang a WARN 9500 lb winch using the lifting shackle locations and the brush guard to hang a Hi Lift. Then I matched everything up With my Rapco CARC paint. I'll try to hang a pic here. I know 9500 is a bit small but I only plan on getting a little stuck.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.