• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

48cj2a

Pulled the 2" receiver hitch from a donor Blazer I bought last fall but will need to modify in order to keep the pintle hitch.

Made a template out of card board and traced onto the receiver brackets. Notched the bracket with a cut off wheel and trial fit for clearance. Spent the remainder of the day with a wire cup on the grinder and a scotch wheel on the die grinder. Got the two mounting brackets cleaned up and painted. Just got about half way on the actual receiver tube and turns out its a Reese. Found the stamping under the rust and crud.

Before

Why it had to me modified to clearance the Pintle Hitch reinforsement bracket

After

donalloy1

Not bad, looks smooth and consistent. The pic makes it look sort of light green. How did the rolling or brushing on go?
It is a lighter shade of green. Not the photo. Guys at work call it Baby B**f Green. Went on pretty well with heavy texture roller. Looking for Rhino look.

jets1959

M1031 mods

Did a few mods over the weekend to my M1031. Made and installed a ladder to gain access to the roof, installed two flag poles, fixed an annoying rattle move the fuel tank shield away from the frame, and installed a 12 volt remote jump station so I can charge batteries to jump start civy vehicles without popping the hood. Had to turn one ladder support bracket around to have clearance for the chain bracket on the tailgate.

Attachments

max1008

Did a few mods over the weekend to my M1031. Made and installed a ladder to gain access to the roof, installed two flag poles, fixed an annoying rattle move the fuel tank shield away from the frame, and installed a 12 volt remote jump station so I can charge batteries to jump start civy vehicles without popping the hood. Had to turn one ladder support bracket around to have clearance for the chain bracket on the tailgate.
where did you get those remote posts? I'd like to install then for my 12v transfer pump.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Battery charging post at www.pitstopusa.com. Ordered the bracket too.
I was looking for an easy way to connect a quick deploy solar station to the vehicle, and this is exactly what I was looking for. I was gonna use Anderson power poles, but the simplicity of your setup is something I like.

Charge battery, jump vehicles, connect inverter for using electric tools where no power exists, etc etc. I can't believe I didn't think of this. I guess I was overthinking it.

06TBSS

Recently changed dash bulb on the 'Gen2' idiot light so now my 2nd alternator works again, will be switching pintel with receiver hitch welded on for bike racks/winch. Will take pics.

jets1959

I was looking for an easy way to connect a quick deploy solar station to the vehicle, and this is exactly what I was looking for. I was gonna use Anderson power poles, but the simplicity of your setup is something I like.

Charge battery, jump vehicles, connect inverter for using electric tools where no power exists, etc etc. I can't believe I didn't think of this. I guess I was overthinking it.
Don't feel bad I didn't even know these parts existed until fairly recently! I can't take the credit someone else on steel soldiers had it posted.

06TBSS

Ill clarify, I re-read what I wrote.. im not eliminating the pintle. Im replacing my bent pintle support w/ a non-bent pintle support(donor 1008 piece)that has a reciever welded directly under the pintle. Gotta swap over the 1009 swivel to replace the 'fixed' 1008 ball/pintle 1st

now...
IMAG1263.jpg

soon....
IMAG1260.jpg
IMAG1260.jpg

Will be doing an i.p. soon (just started being a leaker last week:evil:) and an outer axle shaft that lost 2 caps in the U-joinnt....these cucv's keep yall busy much?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.