• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdahoPlowboy

This week I had the leaf springs re arched with 2 inches more lift and installed new ORD greasable bushings and their heavy duty shackles front and rear.

caladin

couple new pics for update, got the new tires on and wheels, now running 39x13.50x17r BF-Goodrich Baja KR tires on 17 Inch caddy esclaide wheels. still need a new rear window, crank and gaskets though.
How do you get the blackout effects on your lights?

91W350

My M1008 got a new set of injectors, a little advance on the injection pump, a new fuel filter, oil change, and now I need to replace those two too small group 24 batteries that were in it when I bought it. The old girl starts good normally, but when it was 18 below up in SD she failed to crank fast enough to light the fire and they trained of power very quickly..Oh yeah.... a bath too.... 8)

spacelarry

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately?

Change engine and differential oil. Also cleaned out about 20 or more hand fulls of dirt stopping my rear window from rolling all the way down.

japickar

Did the doghead relay mod, added a manual glow plug switch, and replaced my window channel felts this weekend.

After I get all of my fluids and filters changed (hopefully next weekend), my 6' superlift and 37" humvee tires are going on :cool:.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Changed sway bar bushings, king pin springs, tie rod ends and ball joints. Then glow plugs and fuel filter. Then I snapped the **** bleeder screw. Conveniently, none of the parts stores carry that screw. Any suggestions?

DIESELGREEN

Changed out my ignition switch and put a pair of flowmasters on because the "new" exhaust the navy installed had one muffler on the frame and one against a brake line bracket. Any ideas why the brand new keyswitch will start the engine without using a key? Least its easy to start now! Next weekend; doghead relay and fluid services, and new front brake hoses.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Thats strange. It sounds like the tumblers are not in the barrel.....unless they are stuck open. You could shoot some WD40 in there and slide your key in and out. Might free up those tumblers.

DIESELGREEN

You know i thought the same thing, i sprayed some in last night thinking maybe some assembly grease was causing the tumblers to stick open...maybe i just need to break it in.:confused:

rod

A couple of weeks ago I changed all 3 fan/alternator belts. Replaced Alternator #2.

This weekend I changed the glowplugs and the coolent temp sensor.

Today I purchased a momentary toggle switch to use in a few days to do the glowplug controller card bypass as a backup. I will let the card do it's job and only use the bypass should my controller card fail.

jdeere412

I aborted the 6.2 and dropped in a fresh rebuilt 377 stroker. Stayed up til daylight Sunday trying to adapt the steering pump and rewiring.
Anyone need a good 6.2?

Oldsouthernboy

Lets see, new alt belts all the way around, had #1 gen rebuilt, new glow plugs installed, replaced the glow plug card, completed the winch install(Hummer winch), Mounted my High lift jack on the side boards, installed a 5 gal can holder on the side board. Now to do the running lights and a Safari rack soon.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
You know i thought the same thing, i sprayed some in last night thinking maybe some assembly grease was causing the tumblers to stick open...maybe i just need to break it in.:confused:
Where'd you get the switch from? Depending on where you live, you might not want a keyless ignition. I know here, my truck would be gone in a heart beat.

combat jump

I rebuilt my transmission. It was slipping in drive. Took two weekends to do. Tomorrow, I'll yank the rear main oil seal while the trans is out, and put in a nice new one, along with a new oil pan gasket. Photos are before and after shots of the THM400.

Attachments

91W350

I advanced the timing a little more on my M1008 today, it had no rattle, at least now it sounds and smells like a diesel when it runs. I cleaned out all of the tools, filters and liquids out of the cab and bed that I hauled to South Dakota for my deuce recovery. Changed the oil and filter just to be safe after my injector failure. The old girl is running good! She has 36,000 on her now, maybe tomorrow I will change the transmission fluid and filter. Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.