• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice little mod today.

Found a heavy stainless steel loaf pan online:

A quick trip to Ace for some hardware (clasps, handle, nuts & bolts), grabbed an old clamp and a bent a jeep license plate bracket, and viola, road food baby! Perfect for hot dogs, burritos, corn, whatever.

Attachments

Lurchwolf

Tear down

Well, I pulled out the motor yesterday after a loud bang and lots of smoke. Tore it down today and found two cracked/burned up pistons, one with a hole and a melted injector.

The block and heads look in great shape, but I just don't see it being worth the cost to rebuild such an already mediocre motor.

Time for a 454, I think. :p

chevyCUCV

Bought a 85 chevy 1/2 ton for parts

Stripping the sm465 and np205 for my 1008

Hopefully have a rebuilt trans/transfer case with twin sticks installed in the next couple months....

idM1028

Dropped in a K&N air filter (14" diam X 4" tall). Did the doghead starter relay mod (Note: I had some trouble with the ring terminals. If you're going to use ring terminals, might want to use one with a smaller size connection relative to the ring or be prepared to do fabbing.) Getting new Firestone tires on Thursday.

wrex

Changed the oil last week and drove it from San Francisco to Kansas City.

FYI: 950+ miles of I-80 is one boring ass drive and Salt Lake City, UT smells like poop! lol

darkserra

I'm currently installing a Nostalgic Air Parts complete A/C system. Had to remove the old heater core to install the evaporator. Took off the front grill to get the condenser in (would have been much easier if the previous unit hadn't bent in the brush guard by running into something), then had to pull the fan shroud, fan blades, crankshaft and power steering pump pulleys. Replaced the water pump (had to pull the d*** water crossover to get the LAST bolt out of the water pump) and thermostat. Removed the right alternator to clear the way to put the a/c compressor tonight.

hotdogs151a2

Just installed the world famous Mr. Doghead starter relay upgrade on the M-1028. The only problem I had was my old wore out back. The change out came off without a hitch. Now I will do the M-1008!
The NAPA relays cost me 13 dollars and some change with my retired military discount. Thanks, NAPA.
Thank you Sir.
Hotdog

Attachments

Darwin T

it would have benn nice, however, i was on the other side of missouri. check out my thread "General Lee Euro Farquaad" read about my time in missuori.

i am planning to install the pto generator and air compressor in the maint box like most of the M1031s came with.

DrJekl

I fried a starter, cooked a wiring harness, took a nail in the sidewall of my tire, and put a nice dent in my M1009. then I pulled out the dent, replaced the harness and starter, charged the batteries, and have not finished the project.

Cucvnut

I fried a starter, cooked a wiring harness, took a nail in the sidewall of my tire, and put a nice dent in my M1009. then I pulled out the dent, replaced the harness and starter, charged the batteries, and have not finished the project.
I killed an ip fired a starter re placed both stuck does still not run.. i know how that feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.