• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightechken

Finally got the ox/acy torch set up all installed in M1031 #1, Used one of those Victor knock off torch sets from Ebay for 99 bucks, Mounted the tanks in the right side of the truck. Is that nice! Used it today to cut up some steel bars a ways from my shop. Great to be able to just drive up to the job and work instead of having to wrestle the torch set up out of the workshop by hand and wheel it out to where the work is to be done. The M1031 is being more appreciated every day.

rhinob

Tuffy boxes are a nice addition to a vehicle with no center console and of limited secure areas. I had one in a Land Rover Defender several years ago and it was a very smartly engineered, well made product.

OL AG '89

Tuffy Security Products. It was an easy install and this one was specifically made for the K5 Blazer.. good location, great arm rest, cup holders on the back side of it (ordered separately from Tuffy) . I give this a huge thumbs up. https://www.tuffyproducts.com/s-24-k5-blazer.aspx
WOW!!! 300 bucks????
I got a 30MM ammo can cut 2 holes in it and installed cup holders (marine) for about 65 bucks, I had to purchase 2 1/2 hole saw at $20.
I still need to apply arm rest to top, but it works o.k. without padding in the interim.
I will add eyes to each side to allow locking feature as time permits.

Tuffy is nice but WOW!!!

chuck0070

WOW!!! 300 bucks????
I got a 30MM ammo can cut 2 holes in it and installed cup holders (marine) for about 65 bucks, I had to purchase 2 1/2 hole saw at $20.
I still need to apply arm rest to top, but it works o.k. without padding in the interim.
I will add eyes to each side to allow locking feature as time permits.

Tuffy is nice but WOW!!!

I understand your point, it was more a personal choice thing for me. I had a vision of how I wanted the interior to look after renovation; in following that and after having struck out finding a center console, I chose to spend the few extra bucks and buy the Tuffy. I didnt want a stereo in the dash and I wanted a way to secure it, also wanted metal construction and something that looked like it belonged in the truck all along.

It was pricey, but I wont find myself wishing I had bought it later. If someone wants to drop that kind of cash on the console, it is a quality product, again, I give it a thumbs up.

Oldsouthernboy

Oh for any one interesed, go the you pull yard and get the door strikers for a Pilot or odessey, keep the 8mm bolts from the striker, drill two holes in the on the center line of the lid, The long slot of the ammo can latch, use two 8mm nuts to secure and use lock tight. Do this to both ends of the lid if two ends. Lock with a cable lock

darkserra

I installed the doghead starter relay, replaced my old black GP relay with a Napa ST85, installed the wiring for my TinyTac tacometer.
Working on replacing the glow plugs.

2 fuse boxes, attached to the removable plate beneath the steering wheel, one always hot, one switched via the blackout switch for always hot, and switch controlled. Cup holders in front of the 4x4 lever, a small box to hold assorted detritus next to the 4x4 lever, fire extinguisher behind the seat with a magnet to it's mount, saddle blanket seat cover, (wish there was a truly full seat one with cloth to spare).

hmsgoodhope

Next project: M1009 starts and runs

Posting a few snaps of my M1009 that I picked up a month ago. Finally got around to getting batteries for it and was able to start and move it around lot. Now that I know she runs I will get her titled, insured, and start restoration work. Next year - God willing - I will have Dave do her up pretty like he is doing by M1008 now. Body is in Very good shape - only one minor blemish on drivers side antenna mount - slight crease. rest is minty! Am working on new parts for tailgate window now to get it working properly. Also working on mil radios for her as all racks and left in - and wiring from days in service.

Attachments

firecontrol86

Sanded and painted the dash and doors with some fresh 383. Also painted the door cards with black vinyl paint from advance auto. Looks like a whole new interior minus my f%*&^% up dash!

Status
Not open for further replies.