• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

RobM36A2

My "wait" light was flashing at random intervals when driving/braking/hitting bumps.
Couldn't find the culprit, as I chased the wires, cleaned glowcard and terminals...

I did find a loose ground wire on the firewall, but can't seen to find where it used to be.. Probably on the engine..

Also joined in the carnaval parade here in The Netherlands.

Carnaval-2017-a.jpg Carnaval-2017-b.jpg

Chief_919

I have been chasing an intermittent ground or power fault all winter. Last night I went with the shotgun approach and took loose every single electrical connection I could find under the dash, behind the dash and on the firewall and sprayed them all with Dexoit. That stuff is pricey but great.

So far so good without seeing the issue crop back up, but i need a few hundred miles to be sure it is gone.

Another Ahab

I have been chasing an intermittent ground or power fault all winter. Last night I went with the shotgun approach and took loose every single electrical connection I could find under the dash, behind the dash and on the firewall and sprayed them all with Dexoit. That stuff is pricey but great.
Just spray it on, or spray it on and wipe it off?

Zadvark

"sprayed them all with Dexoit."
LOL... I love the description of the product. I think is from the same company that brought us the Rockwell Retro Encabulator

This is a CMOS 8-bit successive approximation A/D converter that uses a differential potentiometric ladder-similar to the 256R products. This converter is designed to allow operation with the NSC800 and INS8080A derivative control bus with TRI-STATE output latches directly driving the data bus. This A/D appears like memorylocations or I/O ports to the microprocessor and no interfacing logic is needed.

Chief_919

Just spray it on, or spray it on and wipe it off?
Just spray it on, it has a flushing action then dries fast. Unless I see gunk that has to be physically removed that is all it takes.

If it is a connection that has issues getting a good connection I use Stabilant 22 after. That stuff is like voodoo for fixing issues on electrical connections, terminals and switches.

Chief_919

LOL... I love the description of the product. I think is from the same company that brought us the Rockwell Retro Encabulator

This is a CMOS 8-bit successive approximation A/D converter that uses a differential potentiometric ladder-similar to the 256R products. This converter is designed to allow operation with the NSC800 and INS8080A derivative control bus with TRI-STATE output latches directly driving the data bus. This A/D appears like memorylocations or I/O ports to the microprocessor and no interfacing logic is needed.
Haha I didn't even notice that. Someone making listing copied and pasted the wrong stuff.

Drock

Power steering pump turned into a sprinkler, soo I installed a new one. Got a pretty good deal from Advanced. They price matched rock auto, so that was pretty cool..:beer:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally installed NOS GM CUCV bottom seat cover.
Was easy. Time consuming, but easy.

Found a piece of paper under the old one and was from the last seat cover install in 1998.

Now if I could just find a NOS cover for the back

FrankenCub

Haven't done much lately with my M1008 because I need to go through the wheel bearings up front but last night I had to make an unexpected run for firewood. 8°F and fired up beautifully, no block heater. Meanwhile my smile grows wider when my buddy's F-350 7.3 won't fire without heat lmao.

Another Ahab

Haven't done much lately with my M1008 because I need to go through the wheel bearings up front but last night I had to make an unexpected run for firewood. 8°F and fired up beautifully, no block heater. Meanwhile my smile grows wider when my buddy's F-350 7.3 won't fire without heat lmao.
Just curious, but how far are you from Ft. Drum?

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought a digital VM to mount/test, replacing the analog gauge.. Handles up to 120V, and was only a couple bucks.... Will be buying a couple more so I will have a VM for Batt/Gen 1, Batt/Gen2, and 24V 1+2, so I'll know the charging status of each battery/alt. Haven't perm mounted yet, but testing well....

http://a.co/52tb1dK

Most of the other VMs I saw were either too large, or stopped @30V, which leaves no room for margin if an alternator is overcharging/overvolt....

I also got in some low profile lights, and some LED backlighting for the gauge cluster http://a.co/9czUaeR... Lot's of stuff to do.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks