• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatever you have will not be rated high enough if you are sitting behind that door and something hot is coming your way! I personally have never been on the "shot at side" of a door before. Hope I never get to have that experience in the future either!

On the other hand, reading the ratings for "bullet resistant panels" seems really low and not nearly enough protection if you are on the receiving end. Add in an armor piercing projectile and the numbers for survivability drop off pretty quickly. I would guess that a .308 round would come right on in, and a .50 BMG will go through both sides of the truck. NO Protection is definitely worse than whatever numbers you might be able to find. Obviously a shot fired at an angle has a better chance of being deflected...

Planning ahead like you are doing and personal body armor on top of that is better than a lot of people have. Hopefully it works better than advertised and if the need arises you will have plenty of something to offer in return :cool:
Hopefully I will not need it, it was just a pretty good value and I do not like how "flimsy" the standard X doors feel on my other machine, as for return I did discus with my "guy" that I wanted the roof to be strong enough to mount two rifles inside, the AR-10 and an AR-15 for the wife

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Repaired, painted, and tested a set of tactical vehicle interior lights that I am planning on installing in the near future. NVG's aren't in my budget, so I installed an amber colored LED so that the blue lens would emit green light to match my instrument/dash lighting.
- HoveringHMMWV

IMG_7789.jpg

IMG_7790.jpg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So with the 4th coming up I needed a couple cheap and easy flag mounts so I can joint the celebration down on South Padre Island
All these holes seem to be in every Basic I have seen so no holes were added, the ant mount holes fit a 3" muffler clamp perfectly, but the hole in the bottom of the body was not aligned with the clamp so I used a 45 deg coupler.
2" PVC 17" long
2" 45 deg coupler
1/2X4" bolt, locking nut and 4 flat washers to space the tube away from the body.
3" muffler clamp
I also built one for the other side, had everything "laying around"
Flag.jpg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

rcamacho

Picked up 5 radio trays from GovPlanet. Took the best components of each and mounted on my M998.

I have the tall mount turbo leg/bar assembly for the rack but decided against the conversion at this time. The old style M998 feet seem to work just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Not on my humvee but 1 I'm working on, installed rear winch, had to have brackets made to hook everything up. Wired up relay with a wired remote and a wireless remote, tomorrow I hook up the power and see if 911 gets a call :unsure: ... Also installing USB ports and a radio. busy busy
View attachment 839147View attachment 839150
Really nice box. Lots of outputs!
The winch install looks really sharp too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks