• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

FlameRed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you completely flush all the lines,evap and cond? if not you likely fried the new comp with particular matter left when the original compressor cashed in.
Once again, @Mogman you seem to be correct. I believe I did not flush it enough the first time the compressor crapped out. I tried flushing it out a second time but it was too late.

Yes, I disconnect all the lines and flushed everything in the opposite direction of normal refrigerant flow. I needed two quarts of flush which is a lot I think.

At least I am getting well practiced at flushing it out and replacing the compressor! The compressor and new receiver dryer is about $150 plus another 2 quarts of flush and R134.

And now at least I have the actual AM General AC factory bracket installed instead of the redneck engineered one it came with from the previous owner. Another "while I am in there..." thing.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

cahilj

Drove over to the DRMO lot and spotted the first M1151 I've seen in there, and the monster thing.

View attachment 931854View attachment 931855View attachment 931856View attachment 931857View attachment 931858
Many years ago (~1999?) when Lenco was still in it's infancy, it was housed in a tiny building across town from where it is now. A friend of mine worked there sweeping floors, and he brought me to visit. I ended up working with their warehouse manager to develop a digital catalog of parts. I doubt they're still using it.

If anyone ever says hand stitching rubber to vinyl is fun, feel free to throat punch them for me. I'm about 70% done. I've broken a handful of needles and my hands are full of holes. I average about 12"/hour. It's a total of about 20'. You do the math :p
20240910_065904.jpg
20240910_065919.jpg
20240923_195118.jpg

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Many years ago (~1999?) when Lenco was still in it's infancy, it was housed in a tiny building across town from where it is now. A friend of mine worked there sweeping floors, and he brought me to visit. I ended up working with their warehouse manager to develop a digital catalog of parts. I doubt they're still using it.

If anyone ever says hand stitching rubber to vinyl is fun, feel free to throat punch them for me. I'm about 70% done. I've broken a handful of needles and my hands are full of holes. I average about 12"/hour. It's a total of about 20'. You do the math :p
View attachment 932163
View attachment 932164
View attachment 932162
Uffffff, not fun at all.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After some time (over a year) i started working again on the 1151 for the wife.
Removed all the seats and insulation, cleaned it some and started lying kill matt in the interior and under the dash. I want to insulate under the tunnel as well before installing the wngine back in. I want to make it as confortable as possible for her.

Attachments

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Faster if you tack down the zipper with pins and silicone.

Fish hook proof gloves from Dick’s sporting goods or your favorite angling shoppe are a necessity.
I found blood make a good lubricant for the waxy thread and the entertainment I create cusiing every time I poke myself...LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks