What have you done to your JEEP today

Amer-team

Well here's the latest update on my M38A1 saga. After being at the mechanics since July 2020 (one month short of 1.5 years) I got tired of him not doing anything and brought it home. Not much was done in the first year. In the last six months he installed the new motor and incorrectly plumbed the fuel system...that's about it. The guys working on it didn't seem too knowledgeable on old jeeps. They kept telling me how my jeep originally came with the 134 Go Devil and the last owner must have swapped in the F head hurricane (all M38A1s came with the F134 Hurricane). I wasn't too impressed with that jeep shop.

I kept the old motor so I can tear it down and see why it failed. I'd like to try and make it run again...hopefully it'll be a good learning experience.

I'm finally done with school so I'll have time to mess with it and hopefully get it running.

View attachment 852430View attachment 852429
View attachment 852432
View attachment 852431
View attachment 852428View attachment 852427
Looks like you have a good basis for a rebuild, restoration there. Happy trails.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks