• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done WITH your FMTV ( trips, Rescues etc) NOT: fixes, updates etc

Third From Texas

It appears to be a HF with an electric winch on it…
Yep. I had on on my M1078 and I have one in my M1082 trailer.
52837034_10213610142838431_3527665336960679936_n.jpg
59079079_10214025694426961_3184605240804507648_n.jpg

Some rattle can camo and it's ready for an NSN....
;)

20190520_110831.jpg
20200204_133509.jpg

For the truck I made a 4"x4" drop-in so it could be moved to any one of the four corner posts (that's what they are for).

57433647_10214025692866922_212532342063890432_n.jpg

Total cost is about $250 after paint.

Or you can get the real one for the LMTV if you want to piss away about $5000.

Both work equally well.

:)

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep. I had on on my M1078 and I have one in my M1082 trailer.
View attachment 867859
View attachment 867860

Some rattle can camo and it's ready for an NSN....
;)

View attachment 867858

For the truck I made a 4"x4" drop-in so it could be moved to any one of the four corner posts (that's what they are for).

View attachment 867861

Total cost is about $250 after paint.

Or you can get the real one for the LMTV if you want to piss away about $5000.

Both work equally well.

:)

I bet this thing really comes in handy for you to relocate the XXXL ones.

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did it work? Your tires look fully inflated.
Actually it worked amazing! Yeah its hard to tell in the sand but those were down at 20psi. Its really noticeable the squish on pavement, but not so much in the sand. The CTIS complains if you go over like 12 miles an hour in the sand mode, so I tried cross country which is 35 psi I believe and it was markedly bumpier, so went back to sand and did the slow cruise.. I didn't want to get buck wild on my first trip to the dunes so I took it slow. You definitely need some momentum to climb steep dunes. I tried to slowly torque up one as a test and it dug in. All in all I was super impressed with the sand ability of this truck.

Guruman

Not so new member
I put together a cheap HF crane, replaced the hand crank with an electric winch, and replaced the steel cable with synthetic line and mounted it into the parachute pocket using a hitch extender.

Then I moved my winch parts out of the bed, and went and fetched a 460 pound anvil. The mounting system needs a little work. Since everything is "at rest" when I pin the hitch extender into the pocket, and then the crane to the extender, when it gets a bit of load it pulls the slack out of the connections and causes it to tip a bit. Not sure yet how I'll handle that, but for now it got the job done. Darn handy thing.

IMG_2162.jpgIMG_2161.jpgIMG_2159.jpgIMG_2163.jpg

INFChief

Took a short cruise for an ice cream cone. Got lots of quizzical looks and many more thumbs up. Might need to think about installing a low-keyed but funny auxiliary horn. Took the long way home checking out the scenery.

My window crank stopped moving the glass up & down so I dug in to that. Found that the glass simply came out of the anchor bracket. Removed the deteriorated rubber gaskets & used pieces of an inner tube and adhesive to make new gasket / cushions.

While the door panel was off I thought I would reconnect the interior door lock. Decided to leave it disconnected since the key lock has no key & I would hate to have that door inadvertently lock and not have a key.

Last edited:

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Took a short cruise for an ice cream cone. Got lots of quizzical looks and many more thumbs up. Might need to think about installing a low-keyed but funny auxiliary horn. Took the long way home checking out the scenery.

My window crank stopped moving the glass up & down so I dug in to that. Found that the glass simply came out of the anchor bracket. Removed the deteriorated rubber gaskets & used pieces of an inner tube and adhesive to make new gasket / cushions.

While the door panel was off I thought I would reconnect the interior door lock. Decided to leave it disconnected since the key lock has no key & I would hate to have that door inadvertently lock and not have a key.
I also took a trip DQ for ice cream and to Oreilly auto parts. lots of looks as i backed that giant into a spot and went inside for my tasty treat. Guy at auto parts store asked if i could bring my big truck next time.

INFChief

Did about 60 miles to try and keep blowing the cobwebs out. Sometimes the ABS light comes on after start up and stays on for a while before going out. As we’re cruising the back roads I thought to myself “these canvas covered seats are more comfortable than I remember in the HMMWV’s”. After a while my butt told me otherwise. I might have to breakdown and find a more comfortable seat bottom without disturbing the “OEM” look.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1084 got used this past weekend to set some retaining block at the parents house on the farm. Happenstance I was focused on what I was doin and didn’t get a picture of setting the block with the crane but here’s a roughly before and after pic

Attachments

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 1084 got used this past weekend to set some retaining block at the parents house on the farm. Happenstance I was focused on what I was doin and didn’t get a picture of setting the block with the crane but here’s a roughly before and after pic
How much do those blocks weigh each?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks