• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won my first A3 on GL today

KsM715

Ft Riley does loadouts Tue. Wed. and Thurs. only. If need be they can be stored at my place. Im about 30 min East of Ft Riley. Glen is about 45 min to an hour west. Glen usually has the time and definately the experience to recover the trucks if you guys get in a bind. I could assist in the recovery but dont think I could do it on my own.

AMDOOR

Thanks Jeff. I'm trying to put things together that I might need on the trip that I can take on a plane. Lists of wreckers in the area if I need a jump or tow, tools that can make it through security, and figuring out how I can get from Atlanta to Ft. Riley. I am shooting for Sept. 20th. Thanks for the offer.

Dale

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tolled the old lady yesterday about the A3 i bought last week, she just does not understand - you already have one A2, why do you need another truck? Man oh man. It is WHERE? I got to go get it, it's in Kansas.

Last edited:

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ft Riley does loadouts Tue. Wed. and Thurs. only. If need be they can be stored at my place. Im about 30 min East of Ft Riley. Glen is about 45 min to an hour west. Glen usually has the time and definately the experience to recover the trucks if you guys get in a bind. I could assist in the recovery but dont think I could do it on my own.
I got my "paid in full" today. I need to narrow it down to one plan now.

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got my "paid in full" today. I need to narrow it down to one plan now.
That fast???? Man I better get ready, I wasn't far behind you.. 8-25-11
My EUC finally went submitted on 8-30-11

First they requested an export thingy which I didn't see any directions to do that... Then my license pic wasn't big enough, then they couldn't find my export form, had to resend that again.....1rst time was kind of a nightmare for me, they told me I only had 5 days to get everything in, just satisfied them the 5th day.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All of mine have been very quick. M35A2C (my first GL purchase) and some parts just last month took about 1-2 weeks. Not sure why some people have to wait longer.

All my purchases were for personal use, no plans to resale, etc. so that may have some part in mine being quicker.

91W350

Mine have all been less than two weeks since my 70 day.deuce that I picked up in February.

I work the 20th but should be available the 22nd if you want help with your deuce. The Manhattan Airport is close to base or I could flat tow it to Salina for you. I do not expect any payment for assisting the guys or towing home if you have an issue. This is just a hobby for me and I do it for the people and the trucks. I love both, the people and the trucks. Some guys chip in some fuel money, but that is not what I am about. I plan to be there Monday if you want me to look at your truck. Glen

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine have all been less than two weeks since my 70 day.deuce that I picked up in February.

I work the 20th but should be available the 22nd if you want help with your deuce. The Manhattan Airport is close to base or I could flat tow it to Salina for you. I do not expect any payment for assisting the guys or towing home if you have an issue. This is just a hobby for me and I do it for the people and the trucks. I love both, the people and the trucks. Some guys chip in some fuel money, but that is not what I am about. I plan to be there Monday if you want me to look at your truck. Glen
Hey Glen, I have made it back. We drove the 1,350 miles in 22 hours, the jeep, not the truck. Looks like about 2 weeks.

Attachments

91W350

Hey Glen, I have made it back. We drove the 1,350 miles in 22 hours, the jeep, not the truck. Looks like about 2 weeks.
Sure is a fine looking truck, no preview at GL would have caught that issue. All the way home, I was telling myself I do not need an A3, but yours was really impressive... nice and clean looking, I thought you were home free. Glen

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up my A3, 2 weeks ago. In that afternoon drove it to the shop in Topeka, kansas powertrain - 2 weeks ago. Pull the allison for rebuild and installed $3,600.00 Pick it up this friday - LOL - called today and the trans. is at the rebuilder and they can not find the torque converter. Was told that 17 days was plenty of time , no problem. The plane tickets for this friday were $328.00, nonrefundable and nontransferable more lost money. Why do i find the incompetent people 1,300 miles from home.

Last edited:

olewhiskey

This green fever is getting too expensive for me, if i ever get this A3 home it will about $11,000.00 hard money.
Bringing my first A3 home this June we blew a steer tire at road speed and took out a guardrail,bridge abutment,tow truck bill,front fender,fuel tank,two mud flaps,a CTIS wheel,CTIS valve,front spring perch,dented bumper bent trailer bows , two CTIS covers and a rear axle seal.

goodguyzy

o man, you win some you lose some is all i can say. I just picked up a m35a2 and didnt realize i was losing the oil out the turbo. about 4 hours into the drive I ran the engine out of oil. aua

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The plot thickens, called them today, was told that he has everything but will take 7 days to put the tarns. in???????????? When asked about the lost torque conveter " i have all of it" but your man said the converter was lost - "are YOU calling ME a LIAR" he said. I really wonder about some people. I will be so glade when i can drive away from that place.