• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won my first A3 on GL today

DEUCE1209

Congrats on the new A3! Here is the link for the manuals that you mentioned. Good luck with the recovery.

http://www.jatonkam35s.com/jatonkaM35sTMdownloadpage.htm

KsM715

Why do you people think that everyone of us that say that truck is f-ing ugly think we are jealous? Are we not entitled to our own opinion? I've got plenty of junk around my driveway to sell if I wanted an a3. I still dont want one of those butt ugly trucks. Jeeze I've seen at least 2 other posts from a3 owners asking about how they can change the looks of the truck.

Its ugly, get over it and move on.

Wow, now that I've had a good nights sleep, thats sounded pretty harsh. I appoligize to all a3 owners. Usually my "ugly a3" comments are followed by a :razz:. I have nothing against a3's or their owners. Its just that those trucks are not as asthetically pleasing as the a2's. Kind of like when Jeep went with square headlights.

6x6, enjoy your truck. Don't let jackass comments like mine discourage you.

davidkroberts

Wow, now that I've had a good nights sleep, thats sounded pretty harsh. I appoligize to all a3 owners. Usually my "ugly a3" comments are followed by a :razz:. I have nothing against a3's or their owners. Its just that those trucks are not as asthetically pleasing as the a2's. Kind of like when Jeep went with square headlights.

6x6, enjoy your truck. Don't let jackass comments like mine discourage you.
:funny:

well its morning and i had a good nights sleep, but am watching the markets and my day is heading south fast but congrats on the new truck but its going to be a LONG trip home at 50 mph. Im kind of fond of the Allison Automatic. Yes the grill is ugly I hope you can figure out someway to make it look somewhat normal

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck has a .....unique look to it. I'm not jealous at all, not my cup of tea. I consider them a kinder, gentler deuce. As far as 'glass hoods, I think Ted Hils of Ted's trucks and stuff had a bunch of them. Note a resemblance?

Attachments

BadMastard

Steve,

It's a da*n sexy truck. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

Congrats, welcome to the 3 club where even the ugly trucks get to go out on a date. Usually because they put out more horsepower. We do have a reputation to think about.
:)

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck has a .....unique look to it. I'm not jealous at all, not my cup of tea. I consider them a kinder, gentler deuce. As far as 'glass hoods, I think Ted Hils of Ted's trucks and stuff had a bunch of them. Note a resemblance?
I took a look at teds truck website, did not see any hoods? I will call them tomorrow.

usmctopgun

Just curious, what are your plans for modifying the front end? Any mockups yet? I've been tossing around some ideas myself.

Also, if you have any issues while passing through GA on the recovery look me up, or shoot me a PM before you leave out. Good luck!

olewhiskey

Congrats on the truck but why modify the front end? Having everyone say one M35 is prettier than the other is like saying which combat boots look better on a mule.. Multi fuels are awesome, and so are cats.[thumbzup] And opinions are like,..oh well,..you get the idea.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious, what are your plans for modifying the front end? Any mockups yet? I've been tossing around some ideas myself.

Also, if you have any issues while passing through GA on the recovery look me up, or shoot me a PM before you leave out. Good luck!
Definitely going to move those turn signals off the top of the headlights and reposition them first. I see the engine side panel is 1 3/4" taller in the front than the rear, and the hood - talked to teds today, said they should have the fiberglass hoods, will know tomorrow. I need to get the truck here first.

AMDOOR

I won my first M35A3 on the same day. Mine is at Ft Riley as well and I plan to drive it back to Georgia. I am trying to plan the trip for a week after Labor Day week. Maybe we can convoy?

phil2968

.......... I am trying to plan the trip for a week after Labor Day week..........
Good luck with that, I hope your euc clears in time! They have been faster with some lately. Then you have to deal with "we will be here on this day", hard to plan around that. But, recovery's are the best! I hope both of you have great trucks!
We would like to see both at the Ga rally in October!

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember, regardless of tread depth, the best tires for steer tires are the ones that haven't gone flat.

steve6x6x6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won my first M35A3 on the same day. Mine is at Ft Riley as well and I plan to drive it back to Georgia. I am trying to plan the trip for a week after Labor Day week. Maybe we can convoy?
This would be a good plan, i called Ft. Riley yesterday and talked to robert, he said i have only 10 days to remove the truck from the close of the EUC.

dittle

Get a hold of Glenn 91W30 here on SS and maybe he can do a pick up for you or do a walk around next time he is onsite (not trying to volunteer Glenn).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks