• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the Deuce

DieselBob

left gap is way out only like .003 . I am doing something wrong any idea's?
Three things come to mind. A bent adjuster (7), something causing the mounting pin(10) to bind in the slot in the shoe not letting it retract completely or the cup in the brake cylinder not moving deep enough in the bore.

Attachments

Heavysteven

Got it adjusted and did the passenger side of the truck. Had my brother in law come over an supervise. He works at the Honda dealer and knows a lot of tricks. I had to spin the drum around a couple times and got it to center the pads.

Adjusting the brakes though is a work out. It's taking off the wheels that's a bear. Can't image owning a 5 ton.

Pic of me and my nephew

Attachments

Heavysteven

Ok, going to try and finish some loose ends.

Get the masking tape off the windshield, reinstall a airwiper motor, replace the air lines to the wipers, lock the door seal down, make a gasket for the fuel pump, and paint the fuel pump.

If I have time going to try and prep the bed for paint.

Attachments

Heavysteven

Got the air lines run, removed the windows and painted them.

The masking tape I used left a glue film on the front window because I left it on for a week. Oh well live and learn.

What a nice day in GA!!!! Weather is perfect out side.

Attachments

JCKnife

The truck is looking great, man! You know the unit our trucks came from, the 149th MEB, is currently deployed in Iraq? You can find and "like" their page on FaceBook if you are interested in news from that unit.

bullfrog1234

I am thankful now that my truck had just went to overhaul before being sold apparently. I have a new engine, transmission, transfer case installed. All the wheel breakes, bearing, seals changed. The only thing they did not get to is the paint job. It looked really rough. I am finishing that the fall.

Heavysteven

Well, one of the clamps came off the zippered boot.....

So need to do the following.
Install gasket on fuel pump.
Tighten fuel line hose
Check the gear oil on every thing
Need a heater motor
Need a gasket on the exhaust stack.
Need to get air wipers working
Oh and install my new tires

All this before the rally next week...

Troop462

Got the air lines run, removed the windows and painted them.

The masking tape I used left a glue film on the front window because I left it on for a week. Oh well live and learn.

What a nice day in GA!!!! Weather is perfect out side.

What did you glue the rubber stripping to the door with? I am about to to the same on my 1970 Am Gen m35/A2.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks