• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the Deuce

Flyingvan911

I recently redid my windshields. They were pretty rusted along the bottom. Especially on the inside under the glass. I wire brushed them down and applied POR15. Then a few coats of rapco 383. The old carc was hanging on strong so I just painted over it.

Heavysteven

Ok, got the other zippered boot on. It went well had my brother law helping.

Best advice I have is to put the clamp on a little loose and slid the boot on. Then work the boot lip under the clamp with a flat head screw driver.

After that played with the wiper. Cleaned the old one thought I had it working. Put it back on if of course stopped. This wiper has been a pain in the rear.

Z71

Let me know what you think of the zippered boot. Both of my front ones are shot, and I'm debating on zippered or silicon.
I installed a set of new zippered boots on my deuce about 4 years ago and they are already falling apart. Poor quality it seems. I am installing another zippered set only because I do not feel like tearing the knuckles apart right now.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I installed a set of new zippered boots on my deuce about 4 years ago and they are already falling apart. Poor quality it seems. I am installing another zippered set only because I do not feel like tearing the knuckles apart right now.
How long do the non zippered boots usually last?

Heavysteven

Changed the play on the brake pedal to 1 1/2". Also, gasket came in for tank pump. I pulled the pump out and will repaint/install tomorrow.

Still have to fix the wiper motor, check the coolant, and grease the new boots.

Heavysteven

Gasket was the wrong size for the pump. I will call Tom at CSI Tuesday. Top of the pump still needs to be painted. Going to pull the tank once I burn all the fuel up.

Moving on again, decided I will paint the interior of the cab. The spots of tan and rear half being OD Green is bothering me. I pull every off data plates, controls, etc.... Only bad part is I had to remove the decals which means I am out $$$$ and will have to ready order them. Had to many any way. Going to start taping tomorrow.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks