• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Working on the Deuce

Heavysteven

Got more done seats, china man came through on the seats. Look great. I'm very happy so far. Next issue is that the prime dust hardened in some places (over spray). So I have got to fix that.

FYI: I used paint stripper only dash light covers and they melted.

So my list is to fix the over spray, touch up the cab cover, and reinstall data plates etc....Still need to order gasket for fuel pump

Attachments

DieselBob

Still need to order gasket for fuel pump
When I had to replace my pump I went to NAPA and picked up a couple packs of the assorted gasket material and made one. Pretty easy to make. I always keep a pack in the deuce just in case. Paint work looks good. I replaced my plates and decals but really need to repaint.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Looks really good Steven. Looking forward to seeing it in October.

3dAngus

Get one of those clip on's for canned spray paint. You won't crimp up your finger like that and it is a heckuva lot easier to spray multiple cans of paint out of. Cost about $3 or so at WalMart. Truck is looking great.

Heavysteven

Found some epdm cord. Decided to go with that. Every is back together now.

Need a couple of new ndt tires though. If I can't find them guess I will flip the hubs so I can make due.

Got the gasket material from Napa (thanks Bob). Going to do that fix, touch paint, and then wiper hose. After that what ever I come up with.

Attachments

DieselBob

Round two, brakes are out of wack. They were so tight i could not get the hub off. I was hoping not to have to adjust them. Guess I am going deeper down the rabbit hole.
Not really to bad a job to adjust. I made sure my bottom anchor pins would turn before I put the hub/drum assembly back on. Also remember to make the adjustment before you install the axle.

Heavysteven

Well spent the last 2 hours trying to adjust the brake no luck. I got the bottom two set to .010, top left .020, and the top left gap is way out only like .003 . I am doing something wrong any idea's?

Going to have to call the brother in law.

Hub went on easy though

Attachments

Capt.Marion

Need a couple of new ndt tires though. If I can't find them guess I will flip the hubs so I can make due.
Don't flip the hubs! Your truck will look ugly and awkward as sin on NDTs singled out. (I'm running singled 11.00x20 NDCCs, I would know!) Get some new rubber at the GA Rally. If you have a tire that has to be removed now, take it off and run a single tire in its position until you can get a new one. It shouldn't cause any problem unless you're hauling 10k lbs of something every day...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks