• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW "Mini" Rally Part 3

64c30

anyone else coming to the support the troops?
Donna and I will probably be there with the Beast and Blazer.
There may be some other folks with their vehicles as well that told me about this event while at Paine Field this past weekend.
We may have to leave a little early to attend a benefit auction in Fife for a friend injured in an auto collision.

64c30

Scott,

Talked to about a dozen hot rod people in the last three weeks, all of which had issues with local MV Collectors crashing their shows and none had anything good to say about the invaders. If you want to play army truck so bad why don't you enlist? The MVPA shows are for just this sort of thing, as well as the little get togethers. Car shows are for the cars. Reserves are paying good money for people with your enthusiasm.
Attitudes like this are exactly why I've never accepted invitations to bring my Mil vehicles to car and truck shows. I have little patience with folks that have their noses so far in the air that would drown if it rained.
As for "Playing Army truck" it can be seen by my Avatar that I've been doing It most of my Adult life. Photo was taken in Germany in 1977.
What have you done for your country, hmmmmm?

AN/ARC186

Scott,

Is the 11th still a go? I'll be there if it is.
As far as what Ronin said, allow me to add my two cents,
The folks who whine and bitch about MV's at these events are usually the same ones who whine and bitch about that otherwise perfect 69 mustang that happens to have the wrong screw holding the ashtray bracket and how dare they bring such an affront to their delicate sensibilities to a car show, in other words, don't let a few anal retentive douche bags dampen your enthusiasm.
The folks that love to see the MV's usually outnumber the ones that don't.

And Ronin, before you make "suggestions" to other members perhaps you should get to know them first. I know Scott would be the first to sign up if he were able to, he's a helluva young man and one of the most enthusiastic supporters of our hobby I have ever met.

...The folks who whine and bitch about MV's at these events are usually the same ones who whine and bitch about that otherwise perfect 69 mustang that happens to have the wrong screw holding the ashtray bracket and how dare they bring such an affront to their delicate sensibilities to a car show, in other words, don't let a few anal retentive douche bags dampen your enthusiasm.
The folks that love to see the MV's usually outnumber the ones that don't.

And Ronin, before you make "suggestions" to other members perhaps you should get to know them first. I know Scott would be the first to sign up if he were able to, he's a helluva young man and one of the most enthusiastic supporters of our hobby I have ever met.
Well said, and agreed.

srodocker

Dan 11th is still a go. not sure if theres some to get in contact with to display. stalwart you were able to display last year is there someone to contact with or just show up?

thanks for any info.

maybe the 12th work on the truck?

jpekarek

Attitudes like this are exactly why I've never accepted invitations to bring my Mil vehicles to car and truck shows. I have little patience with folks that have their noses so far in the air that would drown if it rained.
As for "Playing Army truck" it can be seen by my Avatar that I've been doing It most of my Adult life. Photo was taken in Germany in 1977.
What have you done for your country, hmmmmm?
Hold on guys. I frequent both MV displays and Hotrod shows. Check my signature, I love both. I have taken my 5 Ton to a couple of cruise inns’ here in Portland and people loved it. But I would not take it to a concourse display. Same as I would not take my street rod to a MV show. That is not what it's for. If someone wants to restore their car to perfection and use the correct screw in the ashtray bracket, then so be it! Let them have their shows. Nobody says you have to go.

Live and let live.

srodocker

I just sent a email to them asking what time we shoudl show up. if they ask for numbers whose forsure coming with what?

srodocker - m35a2
64c30 - m814 and m1009
Riverdog - m35a2
AN/ARC186 - m35a2 or civi?
stalwart - :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool: ???

Last edited:

srodocker

just got off the phone and we will have our own spot as hes already overloaded. the head guy is named andrew and seems like a great guy. so was wondering if anybody had any cones so we can mark off our area? were going to have a section of the parking lot right in front of the welcome booth.

wsucougarx

At this time, it looks like I'm in!! I'm going to try and get my insurance docs turned into my agent tomorrow. May be enough time to debut the shop truck:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks